• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unreal Tournament 3 Demo

WAAAAAAGH. That is probably the scariest looking, and sounding, vehicle in a game, ever.

UT3.jpg

the BEST vehicle ever (not counting the clowncar =P)

Upvote 0
What struck me in the demo is the new AI .
Sometimes , i even wondered if it was a bot or a human player , which means the Devs did a very good job on this :)

One of the good things with games taking the full advantage of multi-cores cpu in the future , is that AI in videogames will be a lot improved (physics too ) , and that is a great news

Upvote 0
Downloading the demo, can't wait to try it :)

As far as I've seen from videos and screens, the game has a dark, gritty atmosphere compared to UT2004. I think this is a nice change as it feels much more "hardcore" now. I hope TW doesn't change the way the colors look for their next game. Then it'll be perfect.

Upvote 0
What struck me in the demo is the new AI .
Sometimes , i even wondered if it was a bot or a human player , which means the Devs did a very good job on this :)

One of the good things with games taking the full advantage of multi-cores cpu in the future , is that AI in videogames will be a lot improved (physics too ) , and that is a great news

Am i the only one not seeing patterns to the AI then? :D
To me it looks like they just hop around a bit here and there, along a premade path, so i can predict where they come from.. Already lol..
I dont know, could be me, but somehow AI in these kind of games never look intelligent to me cause they dont behave in a realistic way. Guess that's all it is though, presentation.

Upvote 0
Am i the only one not seeing patterns to the AI then? :D
To me it looks like they just hop around a bit here and there, along a premade path, so i can predict where they come from.. Already lol..
I dont know, could be me, but somehow AI in these kind of games never look intelligent to me cause they dont behave in a realistic way. Guess that's all it is though, presentation.

Well it's kinda easy to know where the AI will come from since especially on the urban city map; it's small and there's not that many places to come from. I think the bots are pretty decent, I've seen them pick up health and power-ups, which was pretty interesting.

Upvote 0
The AI has me impressed, or at least it does so far. More than a few times I've had bots repairing my Darkwalker or Goliath, although they never seem to want to hop in the extra seats. Also one time I've had 3 bots say "I've got your back!" to me as I passed them, so I ended up having a mini squad that wreaked a good deal of havoc.

Upvote 0
I don't think the dark walker is intimidating at all, well maybe if you're facing it alone.

Every time I am playing that map and some goose jumps in it so many people all attack it at once that it is killed right away. In fact I killed one solo (granted it was targeting someone else) with 3 or 4 secondary+primary 'explosion' combos from my shock rifle.

Upvote 0