• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Undodgeable fleshpounds are not fun.

Vintage

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Searching for survivors.
It's not fun having it guaranteed to hit you. Killing all its supporting zeds and isolating it so you can have room to dance around its attacks without clots and whatnot body blocking you for it to hit you should be a viable strategy. Unless you are support bunny hopping with a double barrel it's guaranteed to hit you when it attacks and that's just stupid.

This goes also for every other zed. Its really silly seeing crawlers doing an instant 180 to hit me, kind of kills the immersion and the fun from KF1. Makes it feel more like Nazi Zombies in CoD, where you slightly touch the zombie, and you get hit instant. Also, the Clots have the same issue, but its noticeable with the grabbing where you they "boost" somehow to you.

Upvote 0
This goes also for every other zed. Its really silly seeing crawlers doing an instant 180 to hit me, kind of kills the immersion and the fun from KF1. Makes it feel more like Nazi Zombies in CoD, where you slightly touch the zombie, and you get hit instant. Also, the Clots have the same issue, but its noticeable with the grabbing where you they "boost" somehow to you.

I think that he means that once the fleshy is enraged. He has to hit something to calm down. This is bad game design and something needs to be done about it. Having a player take heavy dmg to survive is stupid. With other trash mobs they can miss and they aren't bullet sponges. I've always had a problem with fp rage mechanics.There needs to be a way for him to calm down other than him hitting you.

Upvote 0
It creates instant death situations when you combine it with the knockback that's been added.

If you get knocked within melee range of two FPs, by anything hitting you, you turn into a football and you die - nothing you can do. The initial knockback pushes you into auto-lock-on melee range of the first FP who instantly hits you twice and knocks you toward the second who usually isn't facing you and yet does a 1ms 180deg turn and instantly hits you, knocking you back into auto-lock-on range of the first... then you die-splat. Complete passenger.

Upvote 0
Have to say it would be nice if zeds could miss attacks. Being able to fluidly and naturally dodge attacks can feel quite good depending on the game. It'd also be nice to have a less obvious method of keeping the zeds consistently dangerous; maybe Aoe? Like a horizontal slasher swipe being like a horizontal zerk swing; doing damage to anything in that area/path, as opposed to homing in on you.

Granted it makes me take zed attacks more seriously, but it's a rather obvious method. Tricky to think of a replacement no doubt, but like others have said it's not a positive experience having crawlers and such act like TOW missiles. If you can react/reposition in time you should be rewarded by having it sail past and give you a second to breathe.

Upvote 0
Even if the TOW missile on the zeds would be fixed, people would bring up that the game is easy, but honestly those people never see the concept of 'balance > artificial'. Right now the game is stuck in artificial difficulty, until the game conductor gets a little tweaked and zeds get their animations and turning fixed, i dont really see the game going anywhere besides content.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even if the TOW missile on the zeds would be fixed, people would bring up that the game is easy, but honestly those people never see the concept of 'balance > artificial'. Right now the game is stuck in artificial difficulty, until the game conductor gets a little tweaked and zeds get their animations and turning fixed, i dont really see the game going anywhere besides content.

This.

Artificial difficulty is not fun. Getting mauled by a flesh pound because I failed to kill its supporting zeds and thus had no room to dodge its attacks feels fair. It's fun having the option to turn that around by killing its support and then skillfully dodging around its attacks while unloading on it, and potentially picking off any supporting stragglers coming to aid it.

Getting mauled by a fleshpound despite killing its supporting zeds because I got tired of running and healing for 20 minutes while I snuck in pot shots between it's auto aiming guaranteed hits is not fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Medic and Firebug still can stumble Fleshpounds. And if someone forgot, Medic can stun FP with Sedative skill. Zerk with pulverizer is still effective. And we still have C4. I don't see any problem with player controlled Fleshpounds, they dying very fast if you know how to deal with them.

Upvote 0
Medic and Firebug still can stumble Fleshpounds. And if someone forgot, Medic can stun FP with Sedative skill. Zerk with pulverizer is still effective. And we still have C4. I don't see any problem with player controlled Fleshpounds, they dying very fast if you know how to deal with them.

As of right now, XBow Combo works amazing on SC and FP

Upvote 0
You have your zerker hit them with their pulverizer or demo one of its weapons and then you unload. Gunslinger can even save himself by shooting it in the lega or head with the respective perk. KF1 had way less ways to stop a raged, zig zagging fp, also

KF1 fp and scrake had far, far, far, far less realistic and predictable movement patterns and inescapable without zerker or med cheesing homing ability than the KF2 ones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
KF1 fp and scrake had far, far, far, far less realistic and predictable movement patterns and inescapable without zerker or med cheesing homing ability than the KF2 ones.

Lol yea I remember seeing a raged fleshpound in kf1 doing instant left and right turns in the same place for a few seconds before he chooses a target.

It also would be nice if some zed attacks had a flag for being unable to turn when attacking, like the crawler, stalker, and slasher jumping attack. Also the Skrake jump and stab attack too.

Upvote 0
If you get knocked within melee range of two FPs......

I must be the only one here that thinks the game needs a viable threat to the safety of players/the team. One that cant simply be taken down by a one man-rambo or with an OP weapon! :rolleyes:

There are several ways to take down a 6-man FP even on HoE and live to tell about it. Its far easier if the team coordinates its attacks. Esp. on dual-spawns w/ an SC in toe. Hint: Take out the sirens if you want to live.

And yeah its a lot more difficult on pub. servers and it does come down to the quality of player at the time. But even as a non-medic you can survive. You just have to be careful! :p

I guess when the sharpie finally appears we wont be having this debate!

You have your zerker hit them with their pulverizer or demo one of its weapons and then you unload. Gunslinger can even save himself by shooting it in the lega or head with the respective perk.

Well said!

KF1 had way less ways to stop a raged, zig zagging fp, also

From what I remember KF1 FPs were easier to take down because the demos weapons were OP or if you have a good sharpshooter (or 2). Heck even the zerk could 2 shot kill an FP with the buzzsaw!

And I always thought that both FPs & SCs had more predictable movement patterns.

Also the med didnt need the cheesy homing ability... it just tanked the FP while sat in a heal nade and everyone would unload their weapons! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I must be the only one here that thinks the game needs a viable threat to the safety of players/the team.
It's not that zeds should be easy. They just shouldn't cheat the law of physics, because it feels artificial, unfair and stupid. When I make a crazy maneuver to dodge incoming attack, FP or SC should just miss, not turn 270 degrees in mid-air and home on my *** like a nimble mosquito or hit me in a physically impossible way, like around the corner of a wall. It's not like that would solve my problems with the zed anyway, it's still raged and goes after me.
One that cant simply be taken down by a one man-rambo or with an OP weapon! :rolleyes:
It currently looks like railgun will be new M99, given the power level of tier 2 crossbow, so SCs and FPs may become an endangered species, rarely even seen by other perks up close :D And that would render the whole discussion moot anyway.

Upvote 0