• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ummm....you should play the RO Classic beta

Why are people constantly whining about detaching bayonet? Why do you want that useless feature, only because RO1 had that?. As far as I know mosin (not sure about k98) was even zeroed with bayonet ON.

Don't be so hard. You're entitled to your opinions on it, but it doesn't seem to be useless to many people, especially me. You wanna walk around with a bayonet on your sniper rifles? F that noise. Also, I'd like to kill people with the butt of my gun sometimes, not just the bayonet. It really is the little things in life, my friend.

Upvote 0
Exactly my question. All anyone has been talking about is waiting for classic mode for the past however many months. Well it's here and the servers are largely empty. This mode is the RO2 we expected. It feels right. GO PLAY IT.

I will have to download ot then and try it out sounds like its pretty fun. Been really busy with work lately though so I can't make any promises but i will try amd get a few games in.
It's good to see ot being recieved so positively though.

Upvote 0
Yes let us all play the beta over the weekend I will be there or shall I say my alter ego and grandpa Edgar Lindner.
Also the TWB EU beta server has other maps on all the time. It just empties whenever CD is coming up. Nice mode to play with small teams I guess or for clans but not for a public server. Just leaves you with 15 people...

Upvote 0
Just wanna say that RO2 Classic saved my life and that I agree on these points:

About the beta. Good step TWI, but you have to work more in this points.

- body contact on
- weapon shot out of hand
-less accurate smg and mg
-bigger maps (like in RO1)

and like you made in past. keep listen this feedbacks and keep going well :)

Upvote 0
Played it yesterday and they should get rid of the tanks. In red october we had no chance because lower stamina and ai aimbot hullgunner. Fallen fighters was cool though
I was there too. I fully agree on the horrid tankbots, it ruined the RedOctober-map. FallenFighters was good as long as you did not expose one pixel of you to the T34's that were in the very far distance.

Upvote 0
RJ_MacReady said:
Hm... I've installed Beta, but there are no servers on-line.
I always see two. Maybe try through Steam via view->servers? It should show up all servers (even american ones that I don't see on my browser in game).

Celonius said:
-less accurate smg and mg
Smgs are already not as accurate as they used to be. I think they did a fine job here, because it encourages smg users to get in close. Further reduction of smg's accuracy will only make them useless on at medium range, which is kind of pointless. Not sure why you think that an MG should be less accurate? If anything it should have the same zoom as rifle and less recoil, be more deadly to discourage people to engage into contest shooting against it.

Upvote 0
Not sure why you think that an MG should be less accurate? If anything it should have the same zoom as rifle and less recoil, be more deadly to discourage people to engage into contest shooting against it.

I think it should be less accurate but have a much heavier 'suppression effect' - so that it's almost impossible to return fire or move when you are under fire from an MG.

Upvote 0
Makhno [Anarchist said:
]I think it should be less accurate but have a much heavier 'suppression effect' - so that it's almost impossible to return fire or move when you are under fire from an MG.
Right now an MG can kill you (sometimes it's the first shoot - more common in case of German machine gun - sometimes a couple) because of suppression effect that prevents you from shooting back accurately enough and as a result you either fall back or die (only sometimes you can manage to kill the MG operator).

Making said MG less accurate than it is already wouldn't reduce its capability to suppress the enemy? Part of the reason people shouldn't engage already deployed MG is that you can't fast shoot back accurately enough as you could in vanilla, but the second part is that this MG is effectively killing people and needs less head-on approach.

MG that can't hit you is more nuisance than actual threat, because what doesn't kill can't deny a specific area that you're supposed to cover with your MG. I am not sure if that's the direction MG should follow.

Upvote 0