• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ummm....you should play the RO Classic beta

IMO the perfect collision model for this game would be the type where everyone has a thin bar of collision in their center. This would easily allow you to squeeze past the one guy blocking your way, but not effortlessly float past an entire squad of guys blocking the window you want to jump through.

Upvote 0
IMO there are two camps on the issue of full body collision:
The first: there should be none as it's better for movement/gameplay
The second: there's better immersion when you don't clip into people/get tk'ed after walking through someone.

Hm, I'm in none of those camps :p

full body collision is a nice-to-have. I can live with both options but tend to want the collision since it's more realistic.

Upvote 0
I've been there many, many times with someone blocking your way and causing you to get killed. Often times the blocking was deliberate.

The concept of compromise is appealing. ;) But is it doable?
Yes Mike sometimes it was a real pain in RO.People deliberately blocking
Door/Halls/important spawn exits. Than someone yelling "move" till
a person was forced to bayo/shoot the trouble maker in the head.

Than that same person would spawn and do the same thing over again.Very frustrating seeing 4-6 players piled up at a doorway/halls etc. I usually only played on well admined server where a admin was usually present than that problem/person was taken care of PDQ.

Its really a double edge sword, what really gets me with no collision in RO2 is the ppl that will just ghost into you when you are at a window/corner of a building/trenches/ wall, etc, and set/move there fat arsses right into your place. All you see is the inside of there skull, n the back of there eye balls. Than your forced to move.

Mantleing thru a window right in front of your rifle as you are pulling the trigger than there wondering why they got shot in the back of the head? I cannot for the life of me figure out why would a person do that. Not really thinking I guess.

I would also like to know how hard/time consuming it would be to make a compromise with a
fix that would please all. A partial collision that is only at the center core of ones player. Could be a lot of work for the devs. to code/change If its even possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Loving the classic style! I just played it for the first time and wow! Teamwork just happend. No zoom - better, please keep it off. I'm sort of 50/50 on the collisions. Always found it a real pain in DH when some one would block the exit for the spawn while they visited the john! Anyway as I said I like it - good job TWI

Upvote 0
Its really a double edge sword, what really get me with no collision in RO2 is the ppl that will just ghost into you when you are at a window/corner of a building/trenches/ wall, etc, and set/move there fat arsses right into your place. All you see is the inside of there skull, n the back of there eye balls. Than your forced to move.

Mantleing thru a window right in front of you rifle as you are pulling the trigger than there wondering why they got shot in the back of the head? I cannot for the life of me figure out why would a person do that. Not really thinking I guess.

These things have bothered me more than people blocking ever did. I never had any issues whatsoever teamkilling somebody for blocking, and it wasn't nearly as common to run in to for me as Mike might remember. Maybe people were just blocking Mike. He's a real popular guy you know.

Reactions: [Splat]= Zocko
Upvote 0
I had a love-hate relationship with standard RO2. Some days I could play three hours straight. Other days, I would quit after 20 minutes of frustration.

Classic Mode removed almost everything I hated. Armor needs work still, MGs need some changes (hipfire, zoom), stamina, etc... but for the first time in a LONG time, I feel as if the game is once again a tactical shooter.

Tactical. Literally, every time I die or every time I kill someone, I can say exactly why it happened. I can explain the mistakes the person I just killed made, or the error I didn't account for that led to my own demise.

--He got tunnel vision and stayed exposed too long. He wen't for a standing shot when I was prone and braced. He tried to go head-to-head with a deployed LMG. He went for a grenade when he should have kept aiming at the door. He blindly chased an enemy around a corner only to find that enemy waiting for him. He mantled in plain sight of half of our team.

--I didn't pay attention to my flank. I picked a terrible time to reload. I pushed my stamina too hard and should have dropped behind cover. I should have relocated sooner. I should have checked to make sure those footsteps belonged to a friendly. Maybe he just outshot me. Maybe I just got nailed by arty.

No more of this: he sprinted after me, hosing everything that moved with a belt-fed MG34. He had an Mkb, and even though I hit him squarely in the chest, he instantly went into iron sights from his sprint and mowed me down before bandaging.

There are still issues, like I said. Hipfired MGs are still there. Cannot Deploy Here. Cannot Turn Here. But for the first time, I'm playing frustration-free.

Well, almost. There's still that Commander who uses forced respawn to respawn himself... :p

Upvote 0
No more of this: he sprinted after me, hosing everything that moved with a belt-fed MG34. He had an Mkb, and even though I hit him squarely in the chest, he instantly went into iron sights from his sprint and mowed me down before bandaging.

Still happens, except no you don't even bandage, magic nanobots do it for you.

Reactions: Nikita
Upvote 0
I had a love-hate relationship with standard RO2. Some days I could play three hours straight. Other days, I would quit after 20 minutes of frustration.

Classic Mode removed almost everything I hated. Armor needs work still, MGs need some changes (hipfire, zoom), stamina, etc... but for the first time in a LONG time, I feel as if the game is once again a tactical shooter.

Tactical. Literally, every time I die or every time I kill someone, I can say exactly why it happened. I can explain the mistakes the person I just killed made, or the error I didn't account for that led to my own demise.

--He got tunnel vision and stayed exposed too long. He wen't for a standing shot when I was prone and braced. He tried to go head-to-head with a deployed LMG. He went for a grenade when he should have kept aiming at the door. He blindly chased an enemy around a corner only to find that enemy waiting for him. He mantled in plain sight of half of our team.

--I didn't pay attention to my flank. I picked a terrible time to reload. I pushed my stamina too hard and should have dropped behind cover. I should have relocated sooner. I should have checked to make sure those footsteps belonged to a friendly. Maybe he just outshot me. Maybe I just got nailed by arty.

There are still issues, like I said. Hipfired MGs are still there. Cannot Deploy Here. Cannot Turn Here. But for the first time, I'm playing frustration-free.

Well, almost. There's still that Commander who uses forced respawn to respawn himself... :p

I fully agree with you. When TwI makes the chatrules colored and take a look at the tanks it will be really a good game.

Upvote 0
IMO the perfect collision model for this game would be the type where everyone has a thin bar of collision in their center. This would easily allow you to squeeze past the one guy blocking your way, but not effortlessly float past an entire squad of guys blocking the window you want to jump through.

THIS, why nobody mention THISS, collisions that doesnt block doors, CLEVER!

Upvote 0