• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ummm....you should play the RO Classic beta

Having played both versions of the game

I have to admit having some numpty stop in a doorway was a pain in the butt

But equally as odd and frustrating is having someone run through you or appear in fromt of you ina a window

So if it possible to have a compromise where we have some collision but can still pass in trenches i think thats a cracking idea

if not i'd still like collision back on as you should bounce of each other as you do in real life

Upvote 0
Having played both versions of the game

I have to admit having some numpty stop in a doorway was a pain in the butt

But equally as odd and frustrating is having someone run through you or appear in fromt of you ina a window

So if it possible to have a compromise where we have some collision but can still pass in trenches i think thats a cracking idea

if not i'd still like collision back on as you should bounce of each other as you do in real life

I've been there many, many times with someone blocking your way and causing you to get killed. Often times the blocking was deliberate.

The concept of compromise is appealing. ;) But is it doable?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How often you guys get killed cause you walked "through" someone or how often you tk someone who walks through you?
Like once in 3 days?
I got killed once in 6 months and got a tk once in 6 months.

On the other hand, playing with body collision in DH was a nightmare when someone blocked the exit in spawn. Or when you lose momentum cause you walk into someone and you spend another 3 seconds to start sprinting again..

Stop making a huge problem out of nothing. It's not a game breaker.

Upvote 0
I want to be able to unbutton the player's jacket. There should be first person and third person animation, preferably multiple different kinds.

I know it does nothing for the gameplay, but it's realitic, you'd unbutton if it was a hot summer day, and I just LOVE useless features that waste developer time.

I only accept arguments from people who don't say attachable bayonets are a must.

Reactions: >F|R< Sarcinelli
Upvote 0
Why are people constantly whining about detaching bayonet? Why do you want that useless feature, only because RO1 had that?. As far as I know mosin (not sure about k98) was even zeroed with bayonet ON.

Because bayonets add additional weight to the guns and making them less stable. < This was in RO1. And the bayonet itself looks ugly on my K98. I want it gone.

Upvote 0
RO classic is near perfect!

A few nice touches would be:

Weapon shot out of hand!

Player Collision because we are not ghosts!!

No tank MG aimbot, not sure if this was removed or not as i have not played the appropriate map but i hope so.....

And...Keep zoom off

Partial collision would be perfect, like running into a pole, so you can't ghost directly through teamates spines.
Strongly also agree with "KEEP ZOOM OFF".

Upvote 0
How often you guys get killed cause you walked "through" someone or how often you tk someone who walks through you?
Like once in 3 days?
I got killed once in 6 months and got a tk once in 6 months.

On the other hand, playing with body collision in DH was a nightmare when someone blocked the exit in spawn. Or when you lose momentum cause you walk into someone and you spend another 3 seconds to start sprinting again..

It was never a problem in DH or Ro, if someone blocks you contact an admin or gun him down, thats my way to solve this problem!!

Upvote 0
It was never a problem in DH or Ro, if someone blocks you contact an admin or gun him down, thats my way to solve this problem!!

I beg to differ with you...... it was a big problem for all infantry and if its put in use again... we who played for years with it will be forced to relive that episode again.

Upvote 0

Right back at ya concerning your claims about the problems with collision on. Collision was on in RO1 and having it off is simply an immersion breaker.

Upvote 0
just do it TF2 style. Easy and functional.

Sure!! Its wonderful!! We will once again have TK'ing galore. Session Bans and frantic Admins. Of course, hard feelings in every match are going to be a given.

I believe it was a good decision for RO2 and it still is. That's my opinion. Of course, the final decision is TWI's to make.

Now then if either having player collision on or off is an Admin option - I'm all for that. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0