• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Type 100, FmW 35, and ROKS-2 Flamethrowers

Sep 28, 2014
USA
What do you guys think of non-American flamethrowers?

I already got some progress on the Japanese one.

Last edited:

Raven1986

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 24, 2014
Great job, I always wondered why I can't pick up flamethrowers. :)
In my recordings for Heroes of the West I already took upcoming flamethrowers into account.

MustaschFarmer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 10, 2015
Sweden
Could you release this on steam as mututator? Or does it have to be a custom map with the Japanese flame thrower class to play it?

Sep 28, 2014
USA
I don't know what you guys are talking about, but this is completely separate.

And yeah, it needs to be attached to a map. Won't work otherwise.

Sep 28, 2014
USA
Sure. But first I need to get it working.

I have two main problems:

1. It's impossible to create a custom role without creating a whole new ROGameInfo as well. I had to hijack the Light Mortar, but the problem with that is that it loads the light mortar pawn files and I don't know how to override it.

2. I can't seem to get the Type 100 working. I copied and renamed all the M2 files, but everything keeps ending up blank or glitched out.

Sep 28, 2014
USA
Okay, I got it working!

I also figured out custom names by looking at one of dibbler's old posts. (RIP)

But the third person model is still all weird. It looks like a normal light mortar with an invisible pistol.

Anyone know how to fix that?

Plus I can't seem to edit the inventory and kill icon.

Last edited:

dibbler67

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
Texas
Hey now, I'm not dead ;)

Have your created a weapon attachment class for this new weapon?

The kill icon requires some legwork. You need to extend both ROPlayerController and ROHUD (or access the HUD object at runtime and replace it.) Look for ROHUDWidget_KillMessages, or something like that.

The inventory icon can be done another way:

Code:
class ROWeap_PPD40_SMG extends ROProjectileWeapon
	abstract;

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
  super.PostBeginPlay();

if(WorldInfo.NetMode != NM_DedicatedServer)
  {
    AddTextures(ROHUD(GetALocalPlayerController().myHUD).WeaponWidget);
    AddTextures(ROHUD(GetALocalPlayerController().myHUD).InventoryWidget);
  }
}

simulated function AddTextures(ROHUDWidget iWidget)
{
  local ROWeaponUV wWeaponUV;

if(iWidget != none && iWidget.WeaponUVs.Find('WeaponClass', 'ROWeap_PPD40_SMG') < 0)
  {
    wWeaponUV.WeaponClass = 'ROWeap_PPD40_SMG';
    wWeaponUV.WeaponTexture=Texture2D'WP_Sov_PPD40.Materials.ui_hud_weaponselect_PPD40';
    wWeaponUV.ClipTexture=Texture2D'ui_textures.HUD.Ammo.ui_hud_ammo_ppsh_ammo';
    iWidget.WeaponUVs.AddItem(wWeaponUV);
  }

}

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2014
USA
Oh snap! Sorry, but you had been offline for several months and I assumed you left permanently.

Hm. I do have RSWeapAttach_Type100_Flamethrower extends RSWeapAttach_M2_Flamethrower.

It's an exact copy of the M2 except ThirdPersonHandsAnim, IKProfileName, SkeletalMesh, AnimSets, and CHR_AnimSet is to Kar 98 values as a placeholder. WeaponClass is set to mine as well.

As for the icon I've extended RSHUDWidgetInventory, RSHUDWidgetKillMessages, RSHUDWidgetLevelUpMessage, and RSHUDWidgetWeapon. But still no dice.

Also, I don't understand why it's using RSAxisPawnIJALevel1LightMortar instead of my custom one. Shouldn't it use the one I extended from it instead of the original? At least that's what I was told.

I apologize for being a bit daft, but there's literally no tutorials for any of this anywhere.

Last edited:

dibbler67

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
Texas
What does this new role of yours look like? Specifically, have you set:

ClassIndex=`RSRI_RSRoleInfoAxisLightMortar

to something else? If you haven't then your new class is inheriting this value and IIRC it's what assigns 3rd meshes.

Sep 28, 2014
USA
I did try:

RSGlobals.uci
Code:
`define	RSRI_RSRoleInfoAxisFlamethrower		8
RSRoleInfoAxisFlamethrower.uc
Code:
ClassIndex=`RSRI_RSRoleInfoAxisFlamethrower
RSGameInfoTerritoriesFlamer.uc
Code:
AxisIJARoleContentClasses(`RSRI_RSRoleInfoAxisFlamethrower)=(LevelContentClasses=("JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel1Flamethrower","JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel2Flamethrower","JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel3Flamethrower","JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel4Flamethrower","JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel5Flamethrower","JapaneseFlamethrower.RSAxisPawnIJALevel6Flamethrower"))

And everything worked 100% perfectly.

But the thing is, once I moved the map out of the SDK and into the actual game, I couldn't spawn.
I think it was because the game was loading RSGameInfoTerritories instead of RSGameInfoTerritoriesFlamer.

I never could figure out how to fix that, so I just hijacked the Light Mortar role instead.
Which brought a whole new host of problems.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2014
USA
Here's the problem: I need to modify RSGameInfoTerritories for this to work.

However, I can't seem to do that. If I extend it and save it as RSGameInfoTerritoriesFlamer, then I need to extend ROGameInfo as well so the game knows to load it instead of the original.

I tried saving it as RSGameInfoTerritories and adding ?mutator=JapaneseFlamethrower to the end of the server launch options, didn't do anything.

You guys know how to do this, can you please tell me?