• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 TWI, Why such a decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordinary soldier

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Decided to finally ask on the official forums, aaaaaaaa(most of you already see the rage on the Steam Community hub)

Why when one buys Rising Storm gets RO2 for free?

(My point)
I bought RO2 2 years ago. At the beginning game was unplayable, after releasing a lot of patches it finally began to make sense and the past few months I have been enjoying it and made a total of couple of hundred hours (checking the steam statistics).

You guys released Rising Storm, that altered my RO2 game to some "DEMO" Dising storm game, that I tried playing today (and enjoyed playing as rifleman only on japanesse side.
Your "marketing tricks" to let SMG, flamethrower and KneeMortar noobs (aka the new "mkb -scoped and dual mag MG rambo noobs" (if you remember reading these kind of threads everyday on the forums when RO2 was released):D
did NOT work. Actualy I had quite fun playing as rifleman and killing flamethrower guy loong before he could possibly think about incinerating us.
But lets get back to the main reason I am starting this thread.
Why is my Ro2 game totally converted to a RS DEMO? Everything, even the credits are themed to Rising Storm.
Why did you not release RS as a DLC, or Mod, or just seperate app on steam that would use the same files from Ro2?
Even if releasing it as single App, could't you theme it properly for both theaters, or just leave option to switch to RS and back to RO2?

Why all the players that bought RO2 at its release date 2 years ago, receive nothing in return? We supported you right at the beginning, we were enthusiastic about RO2 release...
And now someone who just buys RS to play as US soldier receives RO2 for free, and the ones that supported the franchise (I don't like that word) the GENRE, Red Orchestra, are left with empty hands, and not only, but their game is transfered to Rising Storm demo where tripwire politely offers you to buy it after every match, although all of the support community showed for RO games.
I don't think this is fair, regarding us (the ones who support RO from its very beginning.
And I did not start any of the "angry" threads on the community hub, I read few of them and decided to discuss it here with more mature person...
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.