• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Tutorial Request: Guide to making a first releasable map

Hypno Toad

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 18, 2008
Standing behind you
Well, I have been in and out of RO SDK, but I still can't grasp the mapping tools, I am very used to the way Half Life 2's hammer editor works. The RO sdk feels backwards.

It would be really awesome if somebody could take the time to make a tutorial that covers the main things you need to know for making a first decent RO map, step by step.

Like spawn points, artillery, vehicles, terrain, structures, skyboxes, ETC. I find it difficult to pick through that manual for RO SDK, because I am learning stuff in an improper order, and have no idea how I should lay out my first playable map. (not playable as in a box with a light in it)

Well, anyways, just throwing it out there...

Only one problem with the red orchestra SDK manual, is that there are no terrain tutorials. A very large proportion of the red orchestra maps have a large amount of terrain in them. I am very new to the Unreal engine, and I have already created my first playable box map, but unfortunately, Nobody really wants to play box maps.

Though that second link looks promising, I'll check that out..

Upvote 0