• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Turn off Tank AI, or make them worse!

try running in front of a real enemy tank, and say the machinegunner cheated when hitting u from 300m
But no AI in tanks is a good idea.. but let anyone enter the tanks , and kickbann the kids that refuse to drive and screams "get out of my tank" .. like in most other games with vehicles

Last edited:
Upvote 0
try running in front of a real enemy tank, and say the machinegunner cheated when hitting u from 300m
But no AI in tanks is a good idea.. but let anyone enter the tanks , and kickbann the kids that refuse to drive and screams "get out of my tank" .. like in most other games with vehicles

The problem people are having is not that the AI machine-gunner can kill you at 300m, it's that his aim is perfect, can track you perfect (even from behind walls), and that given everything else in the game is subject to the abilities of the human, it is somewhat a round-killer, no matter how good you are.

It can turn the tide of a battle through no effort on any player's behalf (excepting perhaps that they know where to put the tank to get the maximum number of kills, e.g, near a spawn).

Upvote 0
The AI Shouldn't be removed, it should be revamped.

AI Main Gun should remain relatively unchanged, at over 200 meters it barely hits anything, because, well, YOU should using that if anything.

But the AI Hull MG is INSANE, it should have slower target acquisition based on how far away an enemy is and also have a bit of inaccuracy.

Upvote 0
I also find that your commander always dies in the PzIV, some AT rifle will shoot your cuppola which always penetrates.
Looks like you found a major bug. In real life the cupola is 50 mm thick with closeable slits. The PTRS irl could not penetrate 50 mm:

cupb.jpg

cupolahit.jpg

hell even antitank rifles can destroy a T-34 simply by shooting the front something that they can never hope to do vs a PzIV.
Should not do anything to the front of either tank at any range. Its obviously overpowered vs the T34. Someone should start a bug thread about this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you joking me, how bout Fallen Fighters, Red October, COMMISSAR'S MAP, Pavlov's etc. these maps are all hull turret AI heaven especially for PzIVs. You can stay 500 meters away and let the turret do all the work for you, while kicking the *** of any T-34 that sticks its head out. My K:D ratio was like 4:1 for enemy T-34 killsonly trading frontal shots blow for blow, no use of tactics at all. Just look at this bull****. http://i.imgur.com/CIAu4.jpg I sat in the same spot and absorbed over 15-20 shells per life, and unceasing anti-tank rifle fire.

This happens everytime I happen to play axis and there are PzIvs available. T-34s can't do this because PzIvs can pen them easily just shooting the turret and killing the gone over and over, hell even antitank rifles can destroy a T-34 simply by shooting the front something that they can never hope to do vs a PzIV.

i sat there and single handly pretty much went one on one with t34 as a at gunner. give me that ptrs and let me go to work. :D front of the turret is the week spot first shot equals boom second equals boom about 5 more booms and you get a full tank explosion? :confused: ive read that at guns were not this effective on both sides. i know for a fact that every time i shoot the turret there shouldn't be a giant explosion as the ammo in the turret would've all blown and shouldn't get another one by shooting in the same spot? :confused::confused::confused: game needs some work hope to god it gets fixed because i ****ing love this game. :D whats with the censoring you guys never used to do that. :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0