• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Troopers: Dawn of Destiny

I still have this mod installed and play every so often. The biggest problem I had with the mod was how slllooooooww the shots fired. It is supposed to be a laser rifle/pistol right? Other things I would like to see is the ability to go to prone. And the lethality of the lasers bumped up to make more tactical like RO.

Upvote 0
You mean the rate of fire or the speed of the blaster shots? In any case I think they are closer to the movies than some of the lucas arts games. I can't even remember a stormtrooper rifle firing fully automatic in any of the original movies.

But yeah the damage should be amplified. imho two blaster hits up close should kill any trooper.

No, I agree the rate of fire is spot-on along with the sound FX. What I mean is when you shot a round/laser, it seems as if it is moving really slow from the time it exits your weapon until the time it hits your desired target. The rounds in RO just feels so much faster.

Upvote 0
We actually ran into the same problem as RO with projectiles that actually have a moving object attached (ie: tank shells or blaster bolts). If it goes to fast, there is a chance it will go through the target and not register a hit.

But the latest build of troopers has much more deadly weapons, so please come help me test it and find out for yourself :) We even have prone.

Upvote 0
Wohoho. I played this mod some time ago and it was quite cool but RO stole its show and to be honest I liked other sci-fi shooters better (e.g. Halo), but this really sounds interesting.

I don't have time for serious testing at the moment, but I sure hope that you can release this version to the public (read: me) soon.:D

So, to all the testers:
gibbs.gif

"Test! Test like you're being paid for it!"

Upvote 0
We actually ran into the same problem as RO with projectiles that actually have a moving object attached (ie: tank shells or blaster bolts). If it goes to fast, there is a chance it will go through the target and not register a hit.

But the latest build of troopers has much more deadly weapons, so please come help me test it and find out for yourself :) We even have prone.

Sweet!!! Count me in!! Where do I sign up for testing??

Upvote 0