• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Troopers: Dawn of Destiny

KrazyKraut

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Beer capital of the world
This thread is a tribute to a dead mod. Troopers: Dawn of Destiny was a Star Wars focussed mod for UT2004. It came out for UT2003 originally but for several reasons (the greatest probably being the early versions of RO) I never really got into it. It's gameplay felt too much like UT with new skins for my taste and (being a SW fan) they made some choices regarding the weaponry that I didn't like.

Now, years later, out of boredom I downloaded the latest version and I was really impressed. The mod's really great now! There's still room for improvement, like animations and certain textures but overall it's really good.

Unfortunately there seem to be no servers.:(

But if you like Star Wars, in particular the Storm Troopers, hate the mana-magic-force-lightsaber-wielding-Jedi-stuff the latest LucasArts FPS have become (like I do) and want some good class-based multiplayer fun you should still check this out.
http://www.ut2004troopers.com/

I liked using the Tie fighters and X-wings on the death star map, so much fun.

Unfortunately it pales in comparison to a real* Star Wars flight sim. If you can find a copy, try getting Xwing Alliance, then go here for new models and textures.

I found some of the maps to be pretty damned huge and confusing my first few times playing them. Other than that, great fun :)

*I know that it's not a "real" flight sim, but it's still damn fun :p

Upvote 0
Don't want to make commitments that I can't keep Yoshi, give me an idea of the test times and all.

I had Vs 1.5 on my computer until it broke last week.
On the other hand I could go through the maps while America sleeps !

To any body else reading this : its a well structured fun game and runs very well on any decent computer.

The man is asking nicely for help, give him a hand !

:rolleyes: Xwing fan boy...

Upvote 0