• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire is looking for more testers

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    To quote Jay's previous post

With the ongoing support we have planned, we are in need of some mature individuals to help us make this game as good as we can possibly make it. With that in mind, we are looking for people who will be an asset and not need a baby sitter. I have some pretty basic guidelines for this...

1. You must be at least 18 years old
    2. You must be willing to sign and be bound by the terms of our Non Disclosure Agreement.
    3. If you are selected, you will be a tester, not a contributor. You will be asked to report bugs, not ask for new features and things of the like.
    4. You will be expected to report bugs you have reproductions for in a way we can understand them and get them out of the game.

If you think you can follow these guidelines and more that will be outlined for you later, send me a PM here. I must tell you, I can be a real pain in the arse, I am generally easy to get along with if you are doing what you asked, if you aren't, I will not be afraid to remove you from the team.

If you want to test and send me a PM, I will be looking at your contributions to the community in the forums here, if you are a troll or flame on these forums, I will see it and you will not be accepted.

This is not a paying gig. You will be a volunteer, and there is no promise of payment,

***My inbox can only handle so many messages, please only submit an app once, if I select you, I will let you know. If you send a PM and my inbox is full, please wait a bit and try again.

This is what I would like your PM to look like

Real Name
    Location - I need a hard address to send an NDA to, and we do not accept PO Boxes (no hiding from us)
    In game nick if it is different than on the forums
    Previous experience if any in testing. <Verifiable
    email address - Yahoo and hotmail usually put me in spam so be looking if you use one of these type of accounts

Now to add on to that. First, I will now be the point of contact, not Jay, so please send those private messages to me. Next on the list. These are our testing hours and days. If you can not be available at these times, please do not apply. We need to fill up servers with everybody on at the same time.

Monday
    Euro Testing starts at 1500 Eastern US time (-5 GMT)
    NA Testing Starts at 2000 Eastern US time (-5 GMT)

Wednesday

Friday

Also we will require that you be on IRC at these times. Please go to our community section and learn the programs you will need if selected.

Thank you for your submissions, I will try and get back to those that are selected as soon as possible.

-Edit: Test dates and times have now changed.

JCoquillon said:
    No it's a 5 hour difference, so Testing times for Euros are (GMT) 8pm, which is 9pm CET and 10pm EET
    Confused the hell out of me as it states 15:00 (3.00PM) less the 5hr to GMT is 10:00AM

thought you were going on USA times.

An 8PM UK start time is good (I put the kids to bed at 7PM so its quiet (Appart from the missus moaning that I am playing "That stupid shooting game" for a couple of hours (4+).

Would be interested in doing some testing.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0