• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Trade classes suggestion.

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
I was reading another thread and a suggestion was mentioned. It would be nice if you could request a class trade with another player and if they accept, the game will swap your classes which will then take effect the next time you die. You can "Trade" as it is right now however not without risk of a newly joined player or other players ingame swooping in and snatching the empty class before the trade is complete.

Note of Caution

Note of Caution

Just one caveat: requesting and swapping should only be possible while both players are dead and in the respawn queue.

When either player is alive and swap is effected it will immediately break class limits, even multiple times (i.e. If the alive player stays alive as MG and the dead player who is taking his position spawns as MG).

Upvote 0
Just one caveat: requesting and swapping should only be possible while both players are dead and in the respawn queue.

When either player is alive and swap is effected it will immediately break class limits, even multiple times (i.e. If the alive player stays alive as MG and the dead player who is taking his position spawns as MG).

You can trade, you just can't spawn as long as the other is still alive.
Maybe it is what you mean, but since you respawn in 10 seconds it would otherwise be hectic to trade:D

Upvote 0
You can trade, you just can't spawn as long as the other is still alive.
Maybe it is what you mean, but since you respawn in 10 seconds it would otherwise be hectic to trade:D

That is not going to work. If I die and respawn I will be told that the other player still has not died. If he dies while I am alive he will be told I am alive and he cannot spawn as my class. This is going to happen all the time and nobody will be able to change.

Respawn queue in RO is 20-30 seconds. Not used to it :) ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is not going to work. If I die and respawn I will be told that the other player still has not died. If he dies while I am alive he will be told I am alive and he cannot spawn as my class. This is going to happen all the time and nobody will be able to change.

What I actually meant was that upon agreeing to trade, one of you dies.
But if the other is still alive when you were about to respawn, you will be 'hold back'. In other words, you will not respawn until the other is dead.

Otherwise you are totally right and it will keep on going forever:p

Respawn queue in RO is 20-30 seconds. Not used to it :) ?

Semantics:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I would prefer a general list where everyone can put their class up for sale.

If a marksman have put his class up for sale for a mg class and
a mg class have put his class up for sale for a elite rifleman class.
If any elite rifleman changes to marksman the marksman automatically changes to mg and the mg gunner will change to a elite rifleman.

Can be done via the normal class selection, you simply choose a class even if it's full and you will change to it whenever there is a position open or someone wants to trade.

Upvote 0
I'd rather see that dead players respawn as a rifleman for getting themselves killed - clearly they weren't doing their job at their previous class/role and now they need to start as an ordinary but important rifleman instead. When you die as a rifleman you should then allways be allowed to spawn as any other type of class as a reward for playing the humble and lowly Sch

Upvote 0
I'd rather see that dead players respawn as a rifleman for getting themselves killed - clearly they weren't doing their job at their previous class/role and now they need to start as an ordinary but important rifleman instead. When you die as a rifleman you should then allways be allowed to spawn as any other type of class as a reward for playing the humble and lowly Sch

Upvote 0