• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Touting RO2 on Reddit and elsewhere

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another place to promote the game might be Operatorchan, which is like a weapons and military-related imageboard.

http://operatorchan.org/http://operatorchan.org/

/vg/ is their games section. Haven't visited that site in a long time because... well, you know, it's still a chan. It's one of the more mature chans on the net but still there is lots of trolling and ****posting. Occasionally they come up with a good thread but imageboards just aren't worth my time anymore. Still, quite a lot of realism fans there so I'm sure they're interested in every bit of RO2 news. You guys should definitely post news there.

Then there's 4chan /v/, but that's a terrible board and site altogether. Gets lots of traffic though, so...

What we really need is a new HD (gameplay) trailer. :) That's what really attracts people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The one thing I see with the other games is they have a lot of relatively recent media. Had a thread going on HardOCP but havn't had much to put there and some of the comments where it looked dated.

We need an in-game Beta video!

Yeah, I have to agree. It makes it hard to sell this game to those I know that have never played RO. Screenshots and some random guy holding a camera taking footage from someone from TWI playing the game isn't going to cut it.

Upvote 0
Give this a watch

Indeed, we need TB to notice RO2. I remember on a previous mailbox mentioning how good he found Killing Floor when he talked about Duke Nukem, so now that BF3 is on a disadvantage, he could talk about how good RO2 seems to be. Provided of course he has something to show (or even play) while he talks. And one of his WTF reviews would also be great when the game is released.

Upvote 0
Upvoted!

I hate to say it, but I'm not familiar with Reddit ... can someone give me the quick and easy of it?

I am also wondering what it actually is. kind of a forum? (at work atm, so only RO stuff is above actually work on my priority list^^)

Yeah great work Forssen. Many I see are interested in the game now. Just like when everyone is interested in Mount and Blade : Warband when someone post a video of line battle in Mount and Musket.

Heard about Mount and blade but didn't care much due to the setting. Gonna google it tonight, see what it's about. worth the effort?

A duke nukem movie of him got me to his site. he is awesome and he apparantly knows when he is subjective, most press lack that skill.

Upvote 0
I am also wondering what it actually is. kind of a forum?

Instead of butchering my own explanation. From the wikipedia page:

Users have the option to submit links to content on the Internet or submit "self" posts that contain original, user-submitted text. Other users may then vote the posted links "up" or "down" with the most successful links gaining prominence by reaching the front page. In addition, users can comment on the posted links and reply to other commentators consequently forming an online community. Reddit users (also referred to as redditors) may create their own topical sections, known informally as subreddits and officially as communities, for which to submit their links and to comment, while appealing to a specific niche

Heard about Mount and blade but didn't care much due to the setting. Gonna google it tonight, see what it's about. worth the effort?

Why didn't you care much for the setting? I've often referred to it as the RO of medieval combat. It's difficult to master combat, even moreso than RO because of its unfamiliar-ness, but like RO, it's extremely rewarding when you get the hang of it. It's one of the top 5 games of the past 10 years imo.

Upvote 0
Why didn't you care much for the setting? I've often referred to it as the RO of medieval combat. It's difficult to master combat, even moreso than RO because of its unfamiliar-ness, but like RO, it's extremely rewarding when you get the hang of it. It's one of the top 5 games of the past 10 years imo.

You answered it yourself; 'I've often referred to it as the RO of medieval combat.'

Indeed, the gameplay sounds very nice, but I don't like the medieval setting, that's why I wondered about the musket things.
I think my definition of 'setting' was insufficient, my apologies:eek:

Thanks for the link. It is thus indeed a forum, if I read that wiki stuff.
(big forum..)

Upvote 0