• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thousands of players on !

Pretty exciting stuff! I hope most of these players stay on! When I first joined up back in March, there wasn't a single custom map in the popular servers. Now many popular servers are hosting as many as eight custom maps. Hopefully these new players will think it is normal to download these customs and are not scared off from the downloads.

Upvote 0
Now now, let's not get excited, after the free weekend ends there will be the old 100 player mark again.

I dont know about that. The matches I've played seemed to have new people who were quite enjoying themselves. I dont think it is unreasonable to think that maybe a third of them will stay on. Also, there are still going to be a tonne of people yet to come for hungover Sunday gaming and couldnt-get-a-date Saturday nights.

Upvote 0
The game is in a much better condition than last October.
Many bugs are fixed and it runs really well on most peoples rigs.
In addition many server admins like ourselves at TWB have continued to include custom maps in our rotations which have not only been eagerly downloaded but are adding to the overall experience for new plays.
I mean how many shooters have custom content for free these days.
From the comments on the TWB servers many gamers are loving the game and TWI are selling bucket loads of the discounted Tripwire bundle.
I won't go so far as to say we'll keep anywhere nearby this number of players but I would hope that we would pick up a few more hundred or so to add to our community.
So let's welcome them and help them and hopefully we can grow a little bigger...:D

Upvote 0