• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

'This version of RO:Ostfront is incompatible with the server you are connecting to.'

ya 3 of my buds are kind of disgusted as far as the bug problem... get this i had them come over when i installed game didnt work... norton bug... had them come over 2 days ago... now this... they most likely will not get the game now its a shame because this game is awesome i will not dispute... but these issuses need to be fixed or at least addressed! cmon yoshi tell us what is going on!!! :confused:

Upvote 0
rayzzz said:
when is the team going to fix this? i have tried the change user fix and it worked fine for one day then the next day no servers worked at all. i tried also making a new account which didnt work. when will someone actually help us? We should not have to re-buys this game to play it. its not fair

Well actually, if we can't connect to servers then we need to be refunded.

Upvote 0
Viscid said:
yoda.jpg
not really contributing... but this is too funny! :p

Upvote 0
iam not gonna take this easy.

i want to play on all the servers and most important on our own server too.
i cannot understand why its working a week and after one moment doesnt work anymore.

and imo 4 sides in this tread should be worth even a small reaction :(

what i try at the moment is downloading redorchestra again, even if i doub this will help. but i have to try. if its not working then ill try to give away my login to someone else, so he can try with his "version" and my login. same the other way.

i think its a steamproblem, because in this moment all the friends in friedlist were deleted too ???

Upvote 0
In my case it does not seem to be related to VAC, cuz I tried yesterday to connect and I was getting either version not compatible ( as opposed to incompatible, that I was getting the days before), connection failed, or version incompatible, all this in non VAC servers, well server, I should say, I only tried one.

An acknowledgement of the problem would really not go amiss

Upvote 0
after:

1) deleting ostfront
2) uninstall steam
3) deleting registry keys of steam and valve (atleast the ones i was sure)
4) installing steam again
5) downloading ostfront again

its still not working :(

i tryed some more servers and the server without valve-symbol i was able to join. some of the servers with valve-symbol too, but most not.

i wrote a email to valve now, lets see if there will be a reaction.

Upvote 0
aceto said:
after:

1) deleting ostfront
2) uninstall steam
3) deleting registry keys of steam and valve (atleast the ones i was sure)
4) installing steam again
5) downloading ostfront again

its still not working :(

i tryed some more servers and the server without valve-symbol i was able to join. some of the servers with valve-symbol too, but most not.

i wrote a email to valve now, lets see if there will be a reaction.

Maybe we should try writing a letter to Tripwire, maybe we'll get some type of ackowlegment since they seem to want to ignore our problem in this forum.

Tripwire should be the ones taking all the steps in fixing our problems, they should be the ones approaching Valve and who ever else. But just to ignore us is just plain wrong.

Upvote 0
At the risk of being flamed for attempting to help, I will offer my experience.

After initially validating the game, I was able to play until I logged off. Upon trying to log back on, I received one of the messages (I don't remember which) and could not join the server.
I then: Hit Properties, Local Files, and select the third option, Verify intergrity of game cache...

This worked.

Later I recieved one of the other messages. I had created a shortcut to launch RO directly from the desktop. That would not and does not work for me. If I try to launch RO directly from a shortcut it will not let me join and I have to logoff and login again, everytime.

I have to start Steam first and then launch RO from WITHIN Steam. This works 100% of the time EXCEPT when my son is playing another Steam game on my old computer.

Let me clarify. He has my old computer that has Half Life and CS:Source installed on it. He was connecting on the same Steam account. When I would join, it would kick him out of the game and would not let me join an RO server (giving me one of the error messages). In order to play any Steam/Valve game after that, we would both have to logoff and log back on (seperately of course). No two people playing on the same Steam account. I knew that but was unaware that we often stepping on each other's toes.

(I've paid for all the games. All the keys are proper. There are no double installs. There is no scam going on in my home, etc. etc. So please, I'm only trying to help and shed light on what problems I've had and how I solved them.)

I surmize that if verifying your game, and/or logging on/off, and/or you can play but only on non_Vac servers, then the problem lies with your Steam/Valve account and RO's interaction with it. I feel quite certain that the devs are aware of the situation and are looking into the who/what is responsible and the best solution.

Floyd

Upvote 0
i will not flame anybody, who offers help.

as far as i know iam the only one using my steam-account (except someone has stolen mine).
the only game i have running on steam is ostfront (otherwise i never had installed this steam-crap on my hdd)

i validated the files more than one time today, cant count the logout/login trials anymore.
even uninstall of ostfront and steam and new install of both (with downloading all again) doesnt helped.

but great, if for some players logout/login or verify of gamecache helps.

Upvote 0