• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Third Person Perspective

Kaminski

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Just wondering if you guys are going to enable a "Third Person Perspective" as you have in Red Orchestra practice mode. Also, I'd like to see this enabled as an option during multi play as well, simpley because its more visually impressive, like watching a movie. Anyway, if there's any support out there for this please leave a comment, if you think you would like to see this as part of the new game ROHOS.

Just wondering if you guys are going to enable a "Third Person Perspective" as you have in Red Orchestra practice mode. Also, I'd like to see this enabled as an option during multi play as well, simpley because its more visually impressive, like watching a movie. Anyway, if there's any support out there for this please leave a comment, if you think you would like to see this as part of the new game ROHOS.

show us some pictures please :D

Upvote 0
I would like this to be an option for online play. I much prefer third person play over first person.

And don't skew my words all you trolls. I said OPTION not REPLACE first person view with this. Just give me the option to switch to it via f4 like in UT2004. (also, i know you can't aim up and down in UT2004 while in 3rd person view but it IS possible as there is a mutator for UT2004 that allows you to do so)

Upvote 0
Still 1st and 3rd person perspective can show different things, like with 3rd person you generally see more of your surroundings still.

Thats why i think its not fair to mix and match 3rd and first person. I would rather have it atleast possible to lock out for servers. Especially when taking in account vehicles like tanks as well. You would be able to view a lot without having to open your driving hatches.

Upvote 0
Well considering they are going for an fps aspect shooter, and a realistic one at that I don't think so. Unless in war you can see your back from an elevated view. :p

ok this sentence is a bit hard to understand
i guess you are saying that this isnt a good idea unless you can see your back in real life?
if so then yes, i fully support that post

Upvote 0
I can't see what's wrong with 3rd person perspectives as a server controlable option, I think it would enhance the gaming experiance no end, even if TWI don't implement it in multi-play, it should stay as an f4 key option as it currently is in practice mode in RO, and should at least be extended to the single player campaign mode. Anyway, those are my thoughts wheather people don't like to hear them or not, its certainly what I'd like to see in the game.

Upvote 0
can anyone explain to me how to quote more than 1 comments in one post? i know there is a multi quote button but im still not sure after i press that. i know it sounds really dumb but ive tried before and id rather do it right than mess up thats why im asking. (the reason im asking this in a seperate comment was i tried doing a multi quote but messed it up :p)

Last edited:
Upvote 0