• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

These bots...what the?!?

I'm pretty impressed too.

Watching them attack and react to each other is fun. Sometimes they grow some brass balls and beat each other up in close.

TBH I don't expect omnipotent AI, and given what they do and how they do it, it's a fairly awesome feat. They take cover, they mantle over objects, they aim around cover, they react to nearby deaths (retreat), they use artillery, etc.

Sometimes they are smarter than a human player. Sometimes not.

That's all I can ask for really.

Upvote 0
Dunno about the singleplayer campaign, I started, did the training, joined the first mission on spartanovka, within 6 seconds all my squad was dead because kept walking in front of an mg thus I quit the SP campaign.

Also how do I get the new weapons like the mbk42 or the AVT40? I remember deluxe edition having instant unlock of those?

Upvote 0
Something makes you think that you got lucky. Durring the first SP mission that I completed I witnessed a lot of bots getting stuck, mantling back and forth (was pretty funny), and just plain wandering about. I really didn't expect much at all, but its pretty good.

Exactly how it is for me. They are very stupid, both friendly and enemy. I am playing on the 2nd hardest difficulty level if that counts for anything.

Upvote 0
I think the bots on the enemy side are pretty good. The friendlies are kinda stupid though - they keep mantling over to the enemy side, then back to my side, then back over (especially in the church). That and they keep trying to mantle over a wall that I'm shooting an lmg on. Oh well, that being said, the enemy bots are pretty good - especially in flanking it seems. I did find that I could hardly hit any bots with the lmg on the German side - not sure if it's hit detection, but I had better odds shooting alt-fire 1 shot.

As far as why I'm playing it - I like to learn some of the squad/commander/tanker parts without looking like a tool in a mp game... :eek:

Upvote 0
The infantry bots are actually decent, expect they always die on doorways and narrow paths. The tank bots are absolutely terrible! They have no idea where they are going.

Spoiler!

That tank first faced me with his turrent. Instead of shooting the bot decided to turn the turret 90 degrees away from me. Okay, maybe he tried to target another tank, I thought. Then he decided to turn it backwards. While this happened other tanks drived all around the place not even trying to shoot me, just driving into random directiong. After killing 20 or so without even being hit the game finally crashed.

Upvote 0
You actually think the bot mechanics are that good? I was put off a little bit when trying out the SP campaign. Bots wandering around aimlessly, getting stuck, buzzing back and fourth in your line of fire (most annoyingly when they set up right in front of my face in the opposite direction of the enemy).

I love the game, but I won't be spending much time playing with the bots tbh.

My exact feeling towards the BOTS, especially the getting in your face comment.

Upvote 0
Im very impressed by the bots, too.
Seen a dude I was about to spawn on pull back and jump thru a window back to the building we just capped when he was getting fired at. Sometimes the also pop out of cover simultaneously and I get ownzord.
If you stop trying to exploit their behaviour, something you can do in any FPS you will actually enjoy the SP.

BTW The intros are also epic, and I just love the whole approach of singeplayer telling teh battle of SG instead of some interactive rambo/C.Norris movie.

GJ on that TWI!!!

Upvote 0