• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

There's a first time for everything

Clowndoe

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 10, 2011
Canada
So the server I'm on loads a new map, and as usual I have pretty much full choice of which class I want to play. I consider playing rifleman and machine gunner, but neither the Moisin nor the DP-28 seem like fun to me right now. For a while I have the sinking feeling that I've played every class too much and that I've run out of options.

And then it hit me: how come I haven't considered either of the elite classes? The funny thing is that after hundreds of hours spent playing this game, I have almost exclusively played rifleman or machine gunner, with engineer, SL and TL when needed. I have literally never, ever, played elite rifleman until yesterday, and almost never touched assault.

I've played rifle enough to have lvl 150 if I could, maxed out machine guns and the PPSh (I'm not counting about RS right now), and yet both semi-automatics, the MP40 are lvl 5 tops, and the MKb, the AVT and the snipers are at 0. I haven't even held the exotics, the flamethrower and the knee mortar in my hands yet. I mean, who would want to use a flamethrower? Sounds boring to me.

Speaking of firsts, I've been posting on many forums for about a decade now, and I can't remember the last time I've created a thread, so there's that. Anyway, any one else want to share stories of their horribly skewed weapon and class histories?

I think I would opt for engineer more if I could use the Kar98 or Mosin. I love the bolts and usually attain a higher score, more kills and what have you, as a rifleman than any other class. I do play squad leader when one is needed and have a few cool tricks for certain maps I have fun with. I leveled everything in quiet servers on idle weekdays, but when I'm in a game with any serious competition, I go for my rifle.

I'm just way more helpful to my team as a rifleman, both in that I will play better, and that the slots are open for someone else.

Upvote 0