• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design There is still no guaranteed ammo/weapons spawners?

It wasn't possible earlier, did they change something? Are you sure it is possible? If so, can you be so kind to provide an example of ammo and weapon spawning sequences?

Or perhaps you're just another guy pretending to know something to look smart when you actually don't? There was a pretty complicated way to spawn weapons by giving them to spawned zeds and killing them after. There was no way to spawn ammo boxes when and where you wanted them to spawn or at the very least people on forums didn't know how. I myself spent a lot of time trying to figure that out.

If you're going to say that there is no way to spawn ammo boxes - better prepare some sort of excuse for your failure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Juizer;n2263394 said:
It wasn't possible earlier, did they change something? Are you sure it is possible? If so, can you be so kind to provide an example of ammo and weapon spawning sequences?

Or perhaps you're just another guy pretending to know something to look smart when you actually don't? There was a pretty complicated way to spawn weapons by giving them to spawned zeds and killing them after. There was no way to spawn ammo boxes when and where you wanted them to spawn or at the very least people on forums didn't know how. I myself spent a lot of time trying to figure that out.

If you're going to say that there is no way to spawn ammo boxes - better prepare some sort of excuse for your failure.

Actually Seanchaoz is right there is a way of doing it in Kismet, well more of a workaround than actually spawning the original boxes, it involves using the ammo mesh and also giving the player ammo via kismet I would have been more than happy to help if it was not for the way you posted, maybe an example could of been given but still no way to reply to someone.

Oh and yes I have NO experience in KF SDK at all before you say that too :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
-MGS- Sniper;n2263429 said:
Actually Seanchaoz is right there is a way of doing it in Kismet, well more of a workaround than actually spawning the original boxes, it involves using the ammo mesh and also giving the player ammo via kismet I would have been more than happy to help if it was not for the way you posted, maybe an example could of been given but still no way to reply to someone.

Oh and yes I have NO experience in KF SDK at all before you say that too :rolleyes:

Should I feel sorry for being sceptic towards a person that did nothing but pointed out that something is possible without sharing how it can be done? I don't think so. I'm not going to beg anyone to share, you can check my posts in this subforum and see that I helped people here when I was actively working on my map. If you want to help - then do it, if you don't - then why are you even posting? Attentionwhoring? I see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rather than being deeply abrasive about it to people who've done no wrong, and thus potentially turn away potential helpers, making it even less likely to get help... if I may?

It'd actually be quite nice to know - say I might fancy having a go at creating something like a simple single-player/campaign(ish?) map, in the vein of the old original KF Mod - little drops here and there with the need to scavenge paramount, no trader, just you, the environment and whatever is left. Oh, and if it'd be possible to intentionally spawn Zeds at certain times or locations reached; just you, the environment, and the rage-monsters who refuse to wear proper clothing.

Anyway, I think I might have an idea of going about it but if anybody present would kind enough to post it here, or punt it my way, it would be awfully appreciated. ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Juizer;n2263434 said:
Should I feel sorry for being sceptic towards a person that did nothing but pointed out that something is possible without sharing how it can be done? I don't think so. I'm not going to beg anyone to share, you can check my posts in this subforum and see that I helped people here when I was actively working on my map. If you want to help - then do it, if you don't - then why are you even posting? Attentionwhoring? I see.

Attention whoring? NO

Sick of people like you that ruined the old KF forums with being rude to others YES

In addition your opening post quote " These horrible devs" if their that bad don't play the game or bother mapping OR go back to the steam forums.

Simple

Upvote 0
I am building a perk leveling map and want to duplicate the weapon selection functionality from "SuperPerkTrainingDeluxeV7d". I have been unable to reverse engineer how the author was able to make the weapons stay in place and make the player hit "Use" to get the weapon they want. Guidance would be much appreciated.

I have placed the 3rd person pickup meshes, but don't know how to use the triggers correctly.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Fogg;n2263488 said:
I am building a perk leveling map and want to duplicate the weapon selection functionality from "SuperPerkTrainingDeluxeV7d". I have been unable to reverse engineer how the author was able to make the weapons stay in place and make the player hit "Use" to get the weapon they want. Guidance would be much appreciated.

I have placed the 3rd person pickup meshes, but don't know how to use the triggers correctly.

Thanks!

You can use a use trigger connect that to an give inventory kismet node and set the gun to give. make sure in the trigger in kismet that you have the aim to interact UNCHECKED.

Then when you get within the radius of trigger and press E it will give you the weapon set in the give inventory node.

In addition you can use a touch trigger and put a gun mesh or ammo mesh on the ground using the same give inventory node, so when a player touches the trigger it gives them that weapon also at the end of the sequence place a destroy actor node and assign it to the weapon mesh to make it disappear when walked over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-MGS- Sniper;n2263501 said:
You can use a use trigger connect that to an give inventory kismet node and set the gun to give. make sure in the trigger in kismet that you have the aim to interact UNCHECKED.

Then when you get within the radius of trigger and press E it will give you the weapon set in the give inventory node.

In addition you can use a touch trigger and put a gun mesh or ammo mesh on the ground using the same give inventory node, so when a player touches the trigger it gives them that weapon also at the end of the sequence place a destroy actor node and assign it to the weapon mesh to make it disappear when walked over.

Thanks! It took me the better part of the day but I was able to learn enough about the Kismet to figure out what they did. My map is up on the Steam Workshop now and is called KF-Killbox. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0