• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Witcher

Anybody got any tips for that ****ing Beast?
I tried hundreds of times, applied spectre oil etc, all the bonusses that could help you in this fight, drank 3 swallow potions, ate a bunch of crap for vitality, and i still get killed way to ****ing fast.
And each time i have to go through that lengthy ****ing cutscene again too!
I genuinly have had it with all ****ing bossfights in every ****ing game in existance.

Upvote 0
aahh, I feel your pain, I've been throu that, even before the loading time was fixed, so imagine how desperated I was, use the potion that increase the reflexes, tempest i think it was called, use mainly group fight style, when there is more than one, and strong when fighting the beast alone, that with some health potions and the spectre oil should work

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well regarding the beast, I dont think there is ingredients for Willow, but yuo can take the buzz fighting skill giving pain resistance. Also signs work well also, particularly the aard, yuo can stun it.

Also same potions dont stack just renew the effect and build more poisoning.

To an extend it pays to be jack of all trades in this game as there is some stuff that is completely immune to certain damage type.

Upvote 0
*casts resurrection spell*

Still a few hours away from the download being complete, so a few questions while I wait.

Which language do the cut-scenes come out better in? Meaning, is the native language (polish IIRC) acted better than English? I can't stand dubbing without lip syncing and/or terrible voice actors.

Does the Steam version come with a manual in the installation folders? Usually you can download it separately, but not for this game. I also did not find it on the official game website.
Edit: Manual is downloaded with game, just found the answer right before the dl finished.

Are there any mods that previous players here would recommend? As long as it isn't too game changing I'm willing to try it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, finally got around to buy the game (did during the xmas steam sale), finished downloading and started the game for the first time.

The main menu seems completely bugged.
It's completely black (letters are white) with just about 1cm of what seems to be the graphic overlay at the top.

I don't have any buttons.

I did a quick search on the steam forums and googling but couldn't come up with any solution...

Has anybody else had this problem and, if yes, how did you solve it?

Specs:

Nvidia 8800GTS (with 260.99 drivers, aka the newest ones)
AMD 64 x2 5200+
Windows 7 64bit

Upvote 0
Put a few hours in the past couple days. Outside of some questionable acting in cut-scenes, great game so far. I love Geralt's character, no matter the task asked of him there is always a fee negotiated upfront, and the man can bargain too. Not like in other RPG's where you do a quest and hope for a reward at the end, I currently have over 1000 oren and it just keeps on rolling in :D. All I need to do now is stay away from dice poker :eek:.

Upvote 0