• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The weapon.

swampy11

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Let me ask the community what is the best, fastest and the lest amount of key strokes to go from machine gun/rifle to pistol. For example the M1 Garand to the .45 pistol. There has got to be an easier way than me fumbling for the 2 key. what do you use?
Thanks in advance.
`swamp

Last edited:
:cool:

I use a combination of a left hand controller and a gaming mouse. I only have to go to the keyboard for a select few items. I find the scroll wheel for weapons changes works best for me. I've used this combo for so long that it is reflexive. It also adapts well to other FPS games.

Wow G_Sajer I thought I was the only crazy person doing that. I have been doing it since RO1 however I use a flight stick in the left hand which replaces most commonly used keys. All those crazy buttons on flight sticks work rather well for most left hand key stokes.

And I have the keys in front of me if I ever need that rare key.

Upvote 0
I use the Razer Orbweaver and mouse. It offers the best combo of number of keys and ergo for me. I put my weapons on individual keys whenever a game will let me. It is the fastest way to change weapons, much faster and more sure than the mouse wheel. It has saved my character's life many a time. Generally I put movement and interaction on the bottom two rows. The top two rows are primarily for weapons and secondarily for other functions like the map and tactical view. Keystrokes are more certain on a keypad since the keys are arranged in a simple grid instead of diagonally as on a keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0