• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Shotgun Anthem

brick_top1982

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Last night I played a game with 5 other supports at level 5 in bio lab/Long hard.

The first round none of us were supports. I spawned as a Sharpshooter(so I can sell the cannons the next round and buy a Hunting Shotty, shotty with ammo fill on it, and armor) and the others did similar. A Zerker here a Firebug there.

Wave two is when the orchestra started to play. All 6 of us booked it to the "U" room, had 3 kneeling in the front, and 3 standing in the back. The conductor lifted his hands.....then the symphony of the shotty commenced.

Ever here that silly song that is always played in the background whenever you see a montage of stuff blowing up? Like buildings collapsing, bridges blowing up.... "LAAAA" Symbol Crash! "LAAAA" Symbol Crash!!!
That was the tune being played.

Wave after wave, everything that came into view was instantly turned into confetti by the absurd amount of firepower that was in the room. Not once we were pushed to the other side of the "U". We were maybe pushed back 10 meters so as to not blow our selves up whenever we used nades. The deffening sound of the shotguns, and the 60 nades availible to us was just....beautiful.......

And of course we all got a little nade crazy when the boss came and mucked it all up. LOL!!

hmmm...6 commandos? Surely sir you joust? 3 people make mince meant of anything that comes near them with bullpups 1/2 the time there some other class anyway but still 6 AK-47's that would be amazing as long as they had some handcannons 4 when things got a little close if it ever got to that...

Upvote 0
hmmm...6 commandos? Surely sir you joust? 3 people make mince meant of anything that comes near them with bullpups 1/2 the time there some other class anyway but still 6 AK-47's that would be amazing as long as they had some handcannons 4 when things got a little close if it ever got to that...

I only joust only when there is a tournament nearby. And if 3 is enough, I think the difficulty could use some upping :)

Anyway, I wonder how it would look in the downstairs, in front of the trader in KF-offices. :D

Upvote 0
Hmmm... How about 6 commando's on full automatic fire? :D

That is a lot of bullets in the air. Of course, they'd have to have a decent aim to begin with.

A lot of empty bullpups.

Full auto is just a waste on anything less than a scrake or FP, unless you're immediately surrounded and need to cut yourself a path ASAP. Semi auto is a lot more controllable and spends less ammo. So long as everyone goes for headshots it'd probably work wonderfully.

Upvote 0
what do you mean "that silly song that is always played in the background whenever you see a montage of stuff blowing up"?

do you mean 1812 overture? that's not a song, that's a symphony. nothing silly about that.
Erm it's not a symphony either -- it's an overture... it has nothing to do with any symphony by Tchaikovsky or anyone else.

Upvote 0
Hate to break it to you but a symphony is a song. Gj on being a prick though.
Erm no.... there are so many things wrong with all this I don't know where to begin. I know none of you probably care, but I think it's worth correcting since we have an entire thread about how to correctly name KF weapons so hear me out.

First of all, the 1812 Overture is NOT a song and is NOT a symphony. An Overture, Symphony, and Song are three completely different things. An overture is just a piece of music that follows a particular format and has nothing to do with a symphony which is typically organized into several movements. A song CAN be used in either an overture or a symphony, but a song by itself constitutes a completely different type of piece of music. I'm being very general here so that I can be understood, so please forgive me if any other musicians here might nit pick at what I say.

I'm sorry but I had to say it, even if it made me sound like a prick lol.

Upvote 0
Erm no.... there are so many things wrong with all this I don't know where to begin. I know none of you probably care, but I think it's worth correcting since we have an entire thread about how to correctly name KF weapons so hear me out.

First of all, the 1812 Overture is NOT a song and is NOT a symphony. An Overture, Symphony, and Song are three completely different things. An overture is just a piece of music that follows a particular format and has nothing to do with a symphony which is typically organized into several movements. A song CAN be used in either an overture or a symphony, but a song by itself constitutes a completely different type of piece of music. I'm being very general here so that I can be understood, so please forgive me if any other musicians here might nit pick at what I say.

I'm sorry but I had to say it, even if it made me sound like a prick lol.

And the general masses will still go "Man that song was amazing" when they hear an overture or a symphony because in the modern world the general masses really don't care and by default they win. Yes, the technical use of song is a piece of music adapted for singing, but in these days it really doesn't matter.

The guy was still being a prick for no reason. Post justified.

Upvote 0
bloody luck you are, i play this game on a private 1 man listen server 50% of the time, so that i dont have to carry the weight of a greedy/etc idiot teamate. can anyone recommend some good servers which are usualy populated with teamplayers?

I know how you feel. I did that support run with 5 other friends/co-workers on a lan game, so it was really easy to coordinate our fire and movements.

I would say 75% of the time I jump into a random sever I find myself among a bunch of people who don't know the concept of teamwork.

Upvote 0