• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Sheep factor

Plaid13

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2006
Ok pretty much every server has map voting but.... people seem to vote for what other people vote for instead of what they really want to play. Anyone know why?

Personaly i would love a blind vote system so noone knows what other people vote for.

Why is it people vote for whatever the first person votes for? Is everyone really lacking any personal opinion?

I've tested this countless times, and over the past couple of weeks, right before the map changes I have been calling everyone "sheep" as well. It seems to me like you read what I wrote, heh.

But yeah, before the game ends and map voting begins, I always try and place the first vote for the map I want to play next. Literally 80 to 90 percent of the time, whatever map people see has been voted for first, that map wins the vote.

People are such sheep, like I have said many times.

Upvote 0
One problem I find is that there is SO much time allowed to vote for maps, that once a trend forms, everyone just jumps on the bandwagon.

A good remedy for this is for server admins to reduce the time allowed to vote ('Voting Time Limit' in webadmin). This way more people will actually vote for what they want, and wont have time to change their mind.

Personally I'm a fan of a 15 second voting timer. :)

As an aside, I'm also a fan of a low mid-game map vote percentage.

Upvote 0