• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Pacific [Band of Brothers II]

Produced by Tom Hanks? That guy can't act or direct for ****, what should I expect from him as a producer. And Spielberg is not much better nowadays. If they have their hands in the scripts expect cheesy, tearjerker lines on every corner. I pass.
Well, don't expect to like this if you didn't like Band of Brothers.

Upvote 0
I agree wholeheartedly, but tell that to the German stations... They have the technology to broadcast two language-tracks at once and let you chose between them, but they don't do it (regional stations do it more often, but still too rarely. They mostly use it to broadcast a spoken-over track for blind people). German dubbed versions only, for the most part.

I don't watch movies on TV anymore at all, but still, some actors get a bad rep because their dubbing voice screws up.
Tom Hanks is certainly one of them. He has this relatively high-pitched funny voice in German versions when in reality he sounds like a bear, lol. It makes him seem like a real one-trick pony because he always sounds the same (always funny), although he really is a good actor. At the very least he's not a bad one.

If Band of Brothers in any indication of how this Pacific series is going to turn out I'm looking forward to watching it.

Upvote 0
I agree wholeheartedly, but tell that to the German stations... They have the technology to broadcast two language-tracks at once and let you chose between them, but they don't do it (regional stations do it more often, but still too rarely. They mostly use it to broadcast a spoken-over track for blind people). German dubbed versions only, for the most part.

I think they do it because they had to pay royalties twice for the dubbed version AND for the original version.

And dubbing is not stupid many people don't speak a foreign language especially if they are old or from East Germany. And watching a movie from France or China with subtitles is annoying and beats the idea of watching the movie a bit.

Back to the topic that trailer didn't look to exciting but I am sure the show will be enjoyable to watch and it is not that far way anymore.

Upvote 0
And dubbing is not stupid many people don't speak a foreign language especially if they are old or from East Germany. And watching a movie from France or China with subtitles is annoying and beats the idea of watching the movie a bit.

It depends just from what you are used to. Since where I live we never had/have any duppping (well, we had/have but only in little children

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah? Well, that's just like, you know, your opinion man.
Wow, really? Thanks for clarifying that!

There may be some truth in what Murphy said, but then again, I watched Road to Perdition in English and I thought his performance was blegh. Watched The Terminal in German and it was even worse, dito the Da Vinci Code. He was just out of place there. And You've got Mail is hands-down one of the greasiest and most soulless love movies ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0