• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Next Stage

I can imagine a great KF TV series. I can't think of a story straight off, but if there's gonna be episode titles they should be these (In no particular order):

Spoiler!

Anyone guess where they come from? :p

Also, @Timur the whole thing going on with the Masterson clone is fantastic. A little like Alice in Resident Evil but with a load of twists.

I'm back:D

And are'nt those zYnthetic's KF song names?

also, thanks pal.:D

Upvote 0
Anyone mind if i post that Behemoth story i wrote up in that thread?

Trust me, no one minds; in fact, I've been practically begging for other people to post their own stories (especially as RL is making me quite busy lately, so the next installment may be a little later).

Also, Behemoth=:D

Upvote 0
Well here it is...

I'm imagining this on Biotics Lab...

You hear its footsteps, thud, thud, thud, and no screen shaking for gameplay reasons, and you turn to the double stairs on your right, and the entire hallway is blocked by a dark shape. It's the Behemoth! You open fire with your M14 and empty your mag with bodyshots... but alas; It's unscathed!
You throw your grenades and reload your M14, and backpedal into some clots and gorefasts. You're dead.

Your teammates see the death message, and prepare for hell. Following the Firebug on the team that prepared for this situation in advance, you see him empty his Mac-10 into the head region of the Behemoth, lighting it on fire. You call hacks because your M14 can't do that; your teammates laugh at you and insult your intelligence.

The Firebug switched to his Flamethrower while simultaneously berating your stupidity and clears the hall behind the Behemoth with his flames of death. The Berserker moves in and starts chopping away with the Fireaxe that he packed for this occasion, and the Commando reports it's super effective; with 1/30th of its frontal health going down per alt-fire. He's dancing back and forth to avoid the melee attack, with the Firebug keeping the hallway behind it clear.

It's now moved past the spawn point and the Berserker stops attacking and the Commando takes over, to make it retarget onto him. The Support and Berserker are now assaulting its back and causing it immense damage. The Sharpshooter is dispatching the Scrakes, Husks, Sirens and Fleshpounds with ease while the Medic does the same with Bloats and calls out new targets.

The Firebug is keeping the main specimens dead and the area safe for everyone; the Behemoth is dead, and you call hacks; your M14 couldn't own it, how could they? And now you're enraged that you're not number one, and you vow to get your teammates killed so you can have the most kills.

Yeah i threw in a stereotype for the lols. :D

Reactions: timur
Upvote 0
Epic work CandleJack!:D (And I find it even better with the behemoth:cool:)

I really hate to steal your thunder here, but I just checked my shedule, and this is probably one of the few evenings I can actually write a third installment on, so it's either today or tommorrow. And since tommorrow varies and I'm in the mood, I might as well (be warned though, I am a tad exhausted, so I may not be able to keep it quite on par)

I'm also afraid I must double post, as I want to read my prior installments first to give me a better idea of pace:eek:

Reactions: CandleJack
Upvote 0
Part 3
The old trooper was snapping quick shots of the tanks. This...this was massive news. This had to be reported to the higher-ups immediately. He was looking at a row of tanks under the label "Test Subjects Alpha-Omega", which ranged from what looked like a fetus, to what appeared to be people in various forms of growth. And, worst of all, they bore the same face as the portrait He had seen so long ago. It was when He had stormed the old Horzine Offices. It had said "Kevin Clamely, Horzine CEO". The old soldier knew what the writings in blood meant now. Kevin was going to acheive his immortality, his divinity, by cloning himself. He looked at the one on the farthest right, which appeared to be developing some "genetic enhancements", and began setting charges. He rushed quickly, urging his teammates to help, and soon enough had all the tanks rigged.

He retreated back to the atrium of this private Lab, and pressed the detonation. The concentrated explosives sent glass, chemicals, and the insides of the clones spewing out of a fiery torrent of wind. His ears rung, and he couldn't see straight, but he knew that he had to run. Now. He yelled to his squad to follow him and fast as they darted out of the atrium, shooting anything in their way. They were low on ammo, bruised and beaten, and winded. He darted towards the nearest stairs as he heard the pounding of something on metal. Something big, and something fast, heading their way. They sprinted down a long corridor, their guns on their backs, heaving as they tried to run for their lives. He glanced behind him and saw what looked like indents in the floor, as invisible claws dug into the metal far behind them. The pounding stopped, and he heard a squadmember shout "Look out, you plonkers!", and hit the floor. He followed suit, throwing himself down barely in time, as a rocket speared the spot where he had been standing.

The rocket flew to the end of the hall, and He heard a blast of concrete as a hole was ripped into the foundations. He ran, unthinking, praying to whatever was out there that he wasn't leaping into an empty elevator shaft. Powered by adreneline, he launched himself into the abyss, racing against the now continuing and even more furious pounding. He felt like he was flying for a second, as he free fell into a concrete floor.

Well, wherever the hell he was, he had broken something important, ge guessed. The rest of the team had apparently followed suited, and were lying on the floor struggling to get up. Then he remembered why he was here, and ran as fast as his injured body could move, helping up his teammates, applying any fast medicine. The team flung their near-broken bodies into the darkness, praying whatever was there was better than what was behind them.

While there had been some murmuring and some flashlights on a second ago, everything was dark and silent the second the team heard a crash from behind them. They scattered among the concrete pillars and supplies, trying to run as silently as they could up the incline to freedom. From the looks of it, they had made it far enough out of the lab before for the Labs to border the deepest, forgotten sub-basements of the old London underground infrastructure. But any hope they had was replaced by a pure urge to survive as they heard the sound of something heavy crunching on concrete, and they knew that someone, or something, was looking for them.

Well, I didn't get all too far in the plot, but I've made enough progress for tonight. And I don't really know how this would be coded, once again, but, to be honest, I haven't really been thinking about how it specifically translates into code right now, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

Upvote 0
In that case, I think I might just jot down what I originally planned to be the second half of Part 3: The Dark:D

The squad crept together, kept from bolting only by discipline. The sound of each step reverberated in the sub-basements, adding to the horrified feeling that they were far from hidden. Hopefully it might confuse that thing until they can get to safety', he hoped. Any sort of organization was lost in the pitch black as the whole team could barely see the person in front of them. The roars of "Run, vermin, run!" and "I will crush you like the pests you are" didn't exactly help as they echoed in the cavernous room, with the boutes of psychotic laughter mixing together into one as they reverberated. The situation was dissolving quickly, as it was only a matter of time before they were caught. And with no ammo and injuries, fighting that thing in the pitch dark would be near impossible. He led his team along the wall, following the concrete until they reached a door opening. He felt a jump of hope as he thought he had found an exit; then he read the sign, barely able to detect the white print in front of him, reading "Heating and Energy Depot and Emergency Generator". And then he had another plan.

Kevin Clamely ran in charges through the black laughing maniaclly, the thrill of the hunt mixing with a tinge of insanity. "You thought you could rob me of my Immortality, vermin? Thought you could sabatoge my ascendence? No; I want to make sure you know, before I crush your skulls, that you are simply an inconvenience, a pest...to be exterminated". Then he heard the sound of a metal door creaking open, and he rushed towards the sound, and through the doorway. He knew they were there; he could smell their inferior stench. He stalked his prey through the jungle of pipes, feeling his victory was close at hand. Then he heard something; a slight, muffled sound. Footsteps? He flung himself into a sprint as he lunged on his foolish enemy, only to knock his head into a large metal tank at full speed. In his confusion, he stood still for a moment, bewildered. Then he heard the sound...a beeping?....suddenly quicken in succession rapidly. He looked down and saw the last of the C4 charges....attached to the main propane tank.

The old trooper smiled to himself as he rushed up the metal stairs when he heard the ruckus. It had been eerily silent until they had heard a "YOU FU-", interrupted by a massive Boom. He then picked up his pace, as he knew that they were certainly not out of peril. They had made it out of the iron deathtrap into the concrete maze, and it was certain to be filled with specimen. Already he had silently killed a clot he had stumbled upon on the flight of stairs with his knife. The upper levels were certain to be teeming with freaks.

He pushed open the door, exiting the sublevels into the normal levels. Strangley enough, these seemed to have power, even though that emergency generator had exploded in the sub-basements. The team was only armed with scavenged weapons (their weapons they had come with were long dead). The team began to walk down the hall, slashing, shooting, or crushing the oncoming specimen. But as the majority of his exhausted teammates simply noticed that the zeds were turning from a trickle to a flow as they progressed, the old veteran noticed an odd occurrence; as the went down the hall, the lights were getting brighter. And why did they even have power to start with? He couldn't speculate all too much as he brought his axe down on a gorefast's writhing body.

wow; that ended up being long enough for it's own section. In any case, please post more of your own stories.:D

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thanks, pal:D

By the way, anyone got suggestions for my story? I have had the basic outline planned out for a while, but I am open to suggestions (that, and I stopped planning the basic outline after a certain point, but I'll get to that when I get to it). Of course, writing your own would story would be the best, but I am just saying that I would really like some suggestions and/or comments here.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
By the way, anyone got suggestions for my story?

Well, I'm a little busy writing my own piece of fiction as we speak so I didn't read through (sorry :() but why don't you put the lot into a .PDF, and release it like Jester did with his own piece? :3

I'd love to read it soon but I'm in no mood to go over forum posts for it.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Well, I'm a little busy writing my own piece of fiction as we speak so I didn't read through (sorry :() but why don't you put the lot into a .PDF, and release it like Jester did with his own piece? :3

I'd love to read it soon but I'm in no mood to go over forum posts for it.

Spoiler!

well, my plan was just to release it in peices, so in case I start meandering, or in case something else should be added, that I could do that before the final copy, which I plan to pdf and then release (hence my request for suggestions):D

As for you not reading it, that's okay; I realize it is a bit long, and when your not in the mood, your not in the mood.

And for the KF fanfic: epic win :D

Upvote 0
well, folks, I have encountered a but of a problem. You see, I have been basically taking an updated version of the old, original plot skeleton and filling it in proper. But I have reached a bit of a problem here: looking forward, I can probably reach a good amount ahead, but there is a fast approaching moment where I just realized that I never really made a decent transition. The original one, looking back, makes pretty much no sense. So I really need help with this one.:eek:

Spoiler!

Please, give me a hand here

Upvote 0