• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The new DLC - Pros and cons.

bogospawn

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Planet Earth
I don't understand what the hate is all about. Instead of talking about the DLC weapons only, I will talk about the whole update.

Pros:
3 FREE functioning weapons that are fun to use.
A great new map with a fitting theme and neat visuals.
New specimen remodels, with sounds and with a Redneck Rampage theme
New achievements and a Character.

Cons:
The map is a bit laggy for some people(not for me).
The trader menu is overcrowded. The DLC weapons don't help either.

That's it. The weapon DLC is optional, the weapons are side grades, you can still try them out if you have a friend with them purchased. TWI isn't cashing on its community, because I'm sure that a percentage of the money goes to the original creators.

TWI has given us YEARS of free content, both characters and weapons, there is a workshop with even MORE free content. Stop the hate. They didn't **** up. They didn't betray you. Other great games such as TF2 and Payday:The Heist have similar buissnes models and no one hates them because of that.

All I want from TWI is to fix the menu. Maybe some balance for the HSG and price reductions for the combat shotgun and husk gun too.

Last edited:
Pros: Buzzsaw x-bow, love it, Gnome soul hunting (yay, we found them all!)

Cons: Map feels a little too dark, additional assets make the game chug at the beginning of each wave.

I simply love the new scrake, it makes me lol every time I see his big dopey head and hear his hog filled screams after I nail him with the buzzsaw. Simply lovely!

Yeah that's what I think too. Best scrake replacement so far. If I could use a single word to describe it, it will be "twisted".

Upvote 0