• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
The gun causes so much controversy among players and history buffs alike it would be impossible to make everyone happy. However, if it were up to me I'd limit the Mkb to just one level 99 player using the assault class on the German team in Stalingrad maps only. It seems a little weird that the gun would be in Stalingrad anyway, especially in early maps, seeing as the gun was sent out for field trials in November when the Germans were surrounded. What would be the point of sending weapons there when they knew the 6th army would be destroyed and all these prototype weapons would fall into the hands of the Russians? It just seems a little dumb.

Problem with that approach is that the gun will become less rare as more people reach lvl 99. I'd prefer just assigning a low % chance of spawning with it (user indicates in class screen whether he is interested in trying to spawn with it).

Upvote 0
So what's the point of all these sugestions on the forum if the majority of them aren't applied, just waisting time complaining and sugesting things that won't be added. I think it's a waiste of time to make all these suggestions, the majority of the problems and bugs from the first release are still present in the one nowadays, we can make suggestions till the next apocalypse comes.

Just saying, it's pretty pointless to make these debates. That most of them are pretty much ignored ore involve to much work to implement in game. Almost 2 years have passed and not much of what was said to be added to the game was indeed implemented...
I find it really funny how whenever someone here is discussing an idea they like, they're as optimistic as possible as to its viability in an update, but as soon as they start to lose the upper hand in a debate, or an idea they dislike starts to get more attention, it's all "TWI are assholes, they'll never implement any of these ideas, all this discussion is pointless anyway".

At what point are people going to stop falling back on this argument as an escape route?

Ideas and Suggestions forums for games are all the same; it's for the sake of discussing game design in a theoretical and hypothetical way more than it is about making direct demands of the developers. You're not supposed to go around thinking the devs are going to implement everything suggested, or decide to use your opinion on which to model their updates, out of everyone on the forum. If you can't handle the fact that most things discussed here will never be implemented unless you mod it yourself, then you shouldn't be posting here.

Upvote 0
Plus, this just isn't Stalingrad with all these spec-op style weapons kicking around.

Your right, its not.. it's a game. Quiete frankly first the rage was the ppsh being op. Now the MkB42, keep in mind this was issued out to troops, just because its better than your ghetto comrade commisar weapons doesn't mean you must give us a disadvantage. Especially when russian veterans can use it too!

Upvote 0
I question the "fact" that the Mbk42 was issued to the troops in Stalingrad.
Prove me wrong...

Bend Over

mkb_1_by_the_ghost_of_razgriz-d5rzwrj.jpg

Upvote 0
Interesting, but the picture has no value to our discussion without any reference to when and where it was taken...

Okay then, Look at it this way, both you and I know very well that unless the photo comes from the Bundesarchiv there isn't gonna be a name or date, or place. Now lets use that common sence god gave you, The only major conflict during the year 1942 was the City Battle of Stalingrad, were would all the prototype top-so-secret even Hitler doesn't know weapons go to.. I wonder. Hmmmmmmmmmmm to the Eastern front, to fight the russians. Lack of photos indicates that it truly was being secretive as you will see tons of more photos else were of the STG/mp44. You can try, and will not find much photography on it, nor dates. Your arguement is invalid and you should feel invalid. Now back to the real topic. Mkb's should remain in the game as they are.

Upvote 0
Well, I feel that you are not open to anything I say, but I will nonetheless try to give my explenation some value as you so wish.
First, you contradict yourself by saying this: "Your doubts have hold no value. Facts do." followed by saying "Now lets use that common sence god gave you,..." to assume the Mkb42 was in Stalingrad.
Sorry, I can not agree with that kind of argument in our discussion.

That photo of the german soldier with the Mkb42 is a known photo of a german GD (Grossdeutschland) soldier in a trench with a Mkb42. The GD Regiment did get issued the Mkb42 in: late 1942? early 1943?... according to the photo, (assumption, no official record). End of 42, beginning 43, the GD took part in operation wintergewitter, to relieve stalingrad and following that, the battle of Karkhov.
It is recorded that 2000 Mkb42s were shipped to Heeres Gruppe Nord in April 1943, so at that time the GD was refitting after the third battle of Karkhov. And even then, if they got any is not known.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GD never reached Stalingrad....

By the time the attack on Stalingrad started (August 1942), GD was moved north to Rzhev to support Army Group Center... end of story.

There never was a single Mkb in Stalingrad (just like there never was a MG42 in Stalingrad)

Isnt there an list of wepaons that were being transported to Stalingrad that was posted on the fourms awhile ago that showed the MG42 being sent there?

Anyways yeah to get summer pics and assume it was Stalingrad is ridiculous, the best you would get would be winter and the closest the MkBs ever got to Stalingrad would be the third battle of Kharkov

Though on topic I don't know if I want the MkB removed at this point (seriously that AvT and the MP40/II are way bigger offences in my opinion) I know I wouldn't mind an actual STG though :D (for maps that deal with late war obviously)

Upvote 0
Bend Over

mkb_1_by_the_ghost_of_razgriz-d5rzwrj.jpg

Northern Russia, Summer 1943. Clearly not Stalingrad. Also i think we can assume that out of the 1943 built Mkbs none went to Stalingrad. This leaves 116 built in late 42(according to Fritz Hahn Waffen und Geheimwaffen des deutschen Heeres 1933-1945). There is zero evidence that any of the Mkbs was even near Stalingrad. All evidence rather leads in the area of HGr Nord.

GD never reached Stalingrad....

By the time the attack on Stalingrad started (August 1942), GD was moved north to Rzhev to support Army Group Center... end of story.

There never was a single Mkb in Stalingrad (just like there never was a MG42 in Stalingrad)

Then bring proof that the evidence of the MG 42 used in Stalingrad is wrong. Right now you make claims without backing them by any evidence.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
...It seems a little weird that the gun would be in Stalingrad anyway, especially in early maps, seeing as the gun was sent out for field trials in November when the Germans were surrounded. What would be the point of sending weapons there when they knew the 6th army would be destroyed and all these prototype weapons would fall into the hands of the Russians? It just seems a little dumb.

Northern Russia, Summer 1943. Clearly not Stalingrad. Also i think we can assume that out of the 1943 built Mkbs none went to Stalingrad. This leaves 116 built in late 42(according to Fritz Hahn Waffen und Geheimwaffen des deutschen Heeres 1933-1945). There is zero evidence that any of the Mkbs was even near Stalingrad. All evidence rather leads in the area of HGr Nord.

Yet we see this weapon by the dozens at every F**king corner of Stalingrad. It seems like the soldiers in the game aren't just herous they are also the lucky bastards of Stalingrad.

What I suggest is that the Mkbs should be limited only to Barashka and custom maps (if a creator of the map wants to include it.) That way it could help custom maps to attract more much needed players.

Upvote 0
Proving a positive or a negative... same difference.

Seriously, who doesn't have access to a classic typewriter and can make a simple mockup of such a document....

Still ZERO pictures of a single MG42 in Stalingrad <---my proof

So in your opinion only photos are reliable evidence? lol don't tell the historians.
Anyway, there is lots of research about the development of the StG44, based on historical documents which the Germans, ever the burocrats, produced in huge numbers. These documents prove without a doubt that no MkB42s were used at Stalingrad. The first fron testing was done in April 1943 on the Northern part of the Eastern front. However, that is not the question here. The question is: Should we care? Should TWI care?
From a pure gameplay standpoint its inclusion makes perfect sense, as it allows them to include another weapon that is significantly different from all the others. That's why they included the MkB42 and not the M38 Carbine, MP28 or PPD40. For a company it makes no sense to invest in a model that is not really different from a weapon already ingame.
And that's what people have to understand: TWI operates like a company now, not like a mod team. That means their products are more stream lined in many ways, but it also means the less spectacular aspects of history will be left by the wayside a bit.

Upvote 0