• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the hot idea

someguyhunter

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2009
sharp support commando and demo have like 4 weapons roughly.

berzerker has like 5.

firebug has 1? no more love for firebug?

to put it simply, i think firebug could really use a secondary weapon. im sure more than one of you have thought about it. it would really help with the firebug running out of ammo all the time because his ammo pool is not as big as say sharps or commandos.

my friend had an idea about putting a secondary mode on the flame to make the flamethrower do higher damage but lose a lot of range and waste more ammo.

any thoughts?

Well these are my exact thoughts for firebug. Either have 205 ammo gas canisters or an extra gas canister of 160. I find myself always running out of gas unless I buy an extra flamethrower come wave 7 and above. If you get attacked by a scrake or FP, you will use as much gas as you need just to make sure you survive...so with that in mind, the ammo can definitely go fast.

Along with this I think a firebug should have the ability to change the rate of fire on the flamethrower - basically a secondary fire mode. Maybe put out 8-10 on ammo for each click but make the flame bigger with less range so its made just for close range much like the WW2 style flamethrowers. Get this...I'm sure commandos might start with single shots for scrakes and then switch to full auto when they charge at you...same concept here with the firebug with fire rate. You could switch fire modes depending on the distance of the enemy. I guess the bigger flame would account for a tad more recoil.

The firebug could definitely use a better secondary weapon of some sort. It would be cool to see a shotgun or grenade launcher with incendiary rounds or just something along those lines. It would be killer to have the husk cannon as a weapon too! I agree it wouldn't be the most effective weapon by far but would be fun as hell to use!

Upvote 0
to put it simply, i think firebug could really use a secondary weapon. im sure more than one of you have thought about it.
any thoughts?

No. There are no thoughts. The firebug is perfect just the way it is and no one thinks differently. No one has ever proposed any firebug changes ever. This forum is COMPLETELY devoid of threads pertaining to firebug.

Signature: However if you are willing to show me my mistakes I'll be happy improve my english.

Your signature should be:
However if you are willing to show me my mistakes, I'll be happy to improve my english.

"Me alegre mejorar el ingles" would be the phrase in spanish. I'm guessing that's the language you speak, sorry if I'm wrong. Don't forget the english infinitive requires "to" before it.

Another example:

Quiero comprar Taco Bell.
Quiero = I want
comprar = to buy
Taco Bell = Nasty mexican food

I'd rather have a thread on grammar and linguistics than another on flamethrowers.

Upvote 0
firebug has 1? no more love for firebug?

Firebugs also have incendiary grenades.

it would really help with the firebug running out of ammo all the time because his ammo pool is not as big as say sharps or commandos.

Firebug has plenty of ammo on both hard and suicidal.

my friend had an idea about putting a secondary mode on the flame to make the flamethrower do higher damage but lose a lot of range and waste more ammo.

So you are saying that the firebug doesn't have enough ammo yet your very next suggestion is a secondary fire mode that uses even more ammo?

Upvote 0
If you get attacked by a scrake or FP, you will use as much gas as you need just to make sure you survive...so with that in mind, the ammo can definitely go fast.

No. No. No. No. Never ever ever shoot a scrake of FP with a flamer unless you are the only one left. And if that is the case then you are screwed anyways.

Maybe put out 8-10 on ammo for each click...

Flamer should be putting out 1 to 2 ammo shots unless a mob is RIGHT THERE and he has to hose him down. And if the mob is RIGHT THERE then the flamer and/or team isn't doing their job. Firebugs should be putting out 1 to 2 ammo shots every half second or so and by doing that the firebug can effectively keep a constant stream going the entire wave.

You don't see a commando pumping ten extra rounds into a dead specimen do you? Same principle applies to the firebug. If a specimen will die after spraying him with a 2 second blast and 2 more seconds of DoT, why do firebugs spray him with 4 or more seconds of ammo?

Upvote 0
The firebug is not designed as a DPS perk - it's intended to be a DoT [Damage Over Time] Perk. This means the firebug is a perk that deals accumalative damage over time; i.e the longer a ZED stays on fire = more damage [this does NOT mean holding down your firing button and spamming half your canister =_=;]. This perk excels on open maps where you can "snipe" ZEDs [to set them on fire] from a distance by using a minimal amount of ammo. Weaker ZEDs such as clots, crawlers, bloats, gorefasts and stalkers will usually die before they reach the players.

Also, there's something I need cleared up. I heard a while back that the fire act as a damage multiplier - i.e a flamed target will receive a extra X% of damage from other weapons. Is this true?????

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay that was a bit random. Anyways, this has been talked to death. Bringing it up again only makes it sting all the more, and is pointless, as it has been always brought up, never executed. So if you would like change, instead of forum posting the obvious, do this:

A. Gather a group to make new weapons for the firbug, then submit to TWI or make your own mod for them.

B. Help other people who are trying to do point A already, but failing.

C.Shut up about it, and bring up something original

D. Coup TWI and China simultaneously, converting China's vast income into KF funding before running away from the coup coming your way. This can be done with any major country, but minor countries would probably act as negative income-the bullets you put in the old leader's skull were worth more than that nation's GDP fpr half the year(sorry anyone offended)

Upvote 0
How about just incendiary pistol ammunition for their 9mm pistol??? I think that would quickly and effectively solve a lot of issues.

Ive already suggested that they automatically get 'fire rounds' on any weapon they use. Burns for extra damage and also extra distraction.
shotty + Fire rounds = COOL!!!

No.... just no....... the last thing I want is firebugs using AKs, SCARs, Bullpups, M14, LAR, xbows.....and the list goes on [you can clearly see where I'm going with this right?]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ive already suggested that they automatically get 'fire rounds' on any weapon they use. Burns for extra damage and also extra distraction

shotty + Fire rounds = COOL!!!

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=40872&highlight=incendiary

I've already covered that in great detail. Incendiary rounds for the shotty (as far as I'm aware) don't work, due to how a shotgun shells works. Xbow is overpowered enough as it is. Other weapons could get the bonus, however the firebug at maximum can carry 4lbs extra, which only leaves him choice of pistol, mp7 or deagle to get this bonus along with his FT.

Not sure I would want it adding, but thats incendiary ammo covered as completely as possible IMO

Upvote 0
No. There are no thoughts. The firebug is perfect just the way it is and no one thinks differently. No one has ever proposed any firebug changes ever. This forum is COMPLETELY devoid of threads pertaining to firebug.

i pray you said that sarcastically...

also i just thought of something...you want more damage, loose more ammo and faster attack? well then i found it. make it Pain Killer styler eject the gas canisters that explodes on impact or shot doing massive damage and setting everything on fire. that would be a more explainable way to go

Upvote 0