• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The first cheater caught by PB Screenhsot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go look at the banlist of other games. Germany really doesn't come out on top often. What I'd guess is that the developers of hacking tools post those tools on the community webpages of that particular country. Thus the key here is accessibility rather than labeling a certain breed of people as more likely to hack.

Reactions: DvD
Upvote 0
I think a point that a lot of people are missing is that this guy can go and play on any server that is not streaming to Pbbans.

Were this your run of the mill server running Punkbuster/Vac only, the admin could ban him but he would only be banned from one server. Hardly a deterrent.

If you run a server, do everything in your power to stream to Pbbans.com. Its free, painless and means a virtually INSTANT ban from all participating streaming servers. Presently there are a measly 56 servers streaming to Pbbans.

Upvote 0
i thought that was the russians who had the reputation for hacking - not cybercrime i mean in games too.

I think several nations have reputations for various types of hacking and cheating in and out of games - but I'm not sure that any of those reputations are really based in cold, hard fact, other than two. Russia and China are at the top of hacking/scamming related to actual theft - probably because they have massive populations, and large numbers of people under the "poverty line" as they call it. In other words, more motivation to acquire other people's money :) Those two are backed up by facts - the rest I think, are largely based on speculation and assumption.

Upvote 0
Geez guys, why does this have to be back an forth banter?

I am super pumped that this player was caught. Glad to see that PB works and this loser will get banned. I rely, (like most others) on the fact that this is a realistic game and everyone is dedicated to keeping it cheat free. I really hope it doesnt turn into a cheat fest. Thank you so much for posting the screenshots. Shame this MOFO!

Upvote 0
Oh no a new stereotype! :eek:

aweeeee :( hes from my hometown and i thought iam the only one playing RO here :D Those bans should come with facebook profiles attached so i could spit out in front of him and curse in russian when i see him :eek:
Lame! Find him and beat him up! :mad:

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - Kick Some *** - YouTube

I recently heard on a podcast that in Germany, students are almost expected to try to cheat in school. So to compensate, the instructors just make the tests harder.
Sure I will cheat whenever the way is not the goal. :D
Sadly cheating in university becomes pretty hard.
In gaming the way is the goal and if I cheat I might aswell not play and save a lot of time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i thought that was the russians who had the reputation for hacking - not cybercrime i mean in games too.

Lol my personal gaming stereotypes are;

Hackers - Russian and Brazil
Bad RTS players - Germany
Racist assholes - USA
Teamplayers - UK
Good RTS players - Korea

Upvote 0
If you run a server, do everything in your power to stream to Pbbans.com. Its free, painless and means a virtually INSTANT ban from all participating streaming servers. Presently there are a measly 56 servers streaming to Pbbans.

100% agree with Floyd and those guys and girl frome PBbans are extremley friendly and will help you all the way !!

Upvote 0
Racist assholes - USA

Racist assholes are just a sub group, everyone knows the USA is the world supplier of adolescent >10 year olds for online video games. We make sure our quality is unsurpassed as we supply EVERY SINGLE ONE with a microphone and a oversized ego.

Though we sometimes have problem with quality control, a small amount of them are actually mature. As a result, we have made budget cuts to education and made changes to job availability so their parents will not be around to influence them. We hope this will correct the 'problem' .

Upvote 0
Lol my personal gaming stereotypes are;

Hackers - Russian and Brazil
Bad RTS players - Germany
Racist assholes - USA
Teamplayers - UK
Good RTS players - Korea
Since we're all about making ignorant statements, here's one just for you:

Makes broad, incorrect generalizations about an entire nation and is on the verge of being infracted - Canada (specifically the Toronto area)

:rolleyes:

This thread is over. It should have been over long before smokey ever made his post.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.