• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

So, no HL3 at the VGA?

I am disappoint.
I watched the whole thing(it ended 4am gmt+1) and god it sucked. Half of it was ads, 1/4 was retarded stuff like the angry black guy or felicia day playing retarded games for charity and only 1/4 was about actual games. And even most of that sucked:

The Amazing Spider-Man -> looks like **** and that's what it's going to be
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron -> had a nice trailer, but honestly who gives a ****?
Epics new game, Fortnite -> might be interesting gameplay-wise, but I already hate the art-style
C&C Generals 2 -> only positive thing I'm taking from this evening, because I spent 200h+ with Generals, and Generals 2 is developed by a new BioWare studio + it uses Frostbite 2
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -> disappointment of the evening and Hideo Kojima made a fool of himself. The game looks like Devil May Cry: Raiden Edition. How can you do something like that to such a great franchise, it's beyond me really
Alan Wake I couldn't care less about since it's 360 exclusive
Then another ME3 OMG WE'RE ALL ABOUT ACTION NOW trailer, who whould've thought
The Last of Us was completely overhyped. How is this "mindblowing", "noone saw this coming" "you won't believe"? Oh wow, a new IP, so what? And how is Naughty Dog among the top 5 developers? All they did was jump and runs which might not have been bad but are mostly for the younger audience and the 3 Uncharteds which are essentially all the same interactive movies with archaic gameplay.

But most laughable at all: MW3 won best shooter over BF3. you should've seen the chatbox at that moment

All in all a huge waste of my precious time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron -> had a nice trailer, but honestly who gives a ****?

I ignore games based on movies/comics so...

Epics new game, Fortnite -> might be interesting gameplay-wise, but I already hate the art-style

Has potential, and I too hate the art style.

C&C Generals 2 -> only positive thing I'm taking from this evening, because I spent 200h+ with Generals, and Generals 2 is developed by a new BioWare studio + it uses Frostbite 2

Looks pretty, but no buy if its Origin exclusive.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -> disappointment of the evening and Hideo Kojima made a fool of himself. The game looks like Devil May Cry: Raiden Edition. How can you do something like that to such a great franchise, it's beyond me really

Makers of Bayonetta... Y U NO MAKE BAYONETTA 2!

Same

True to the new ways of Bioware, ME3 looks worse and worse with every new trailer.

The Last of Us was completely overhyped. How is this "mindblowing", "noone saw this coming" "you won't believe"? Oh wow, a new IP, so what? And how is Naughty Dog among the top 5 developers? All they did was jump and runs which might not have been bad but are mostly for the younger audience and the 3 Uncharteds which are essentially all the same interactive movies with archaic gameplay.

Can't comment since I never played an Uncharted game.

But most laughable at all: MW3 won best shooter over BF3. you should've seen the chatbox at that moment.

Anyone watches this for the awards?

Upvote 0
Some weird looking freak in front of me @university lecture who would repeadidly spit into an empty plastic bottle every 2nd minute and then gaze at it(at the end the bottle was half full), annoying penetrant music playing gypsys on the subway home and now old Jehova witches ringing on my door wanting to tell me bull**** about the bible until I told them to piss of because I don't give a **** about their crap. It's like all the scum of this world is concentrated on this day.

Upvote 0
Some weird looking freak in front of me @university lecture who would repeadidly spit into an empty plastic bottle every 2nd minute and then gaze at it(at the end the bottle was half full), annoying penetrant music playing gypsys on the subway home and now old Jehova witches ringing on my door wanting to tell me bull**** about the bible until I told them to piss of because I don't give a **** about their crap. It's like all the scum of this world is concentrated on this day.

I will send you some tolerance for christmas.

Upvote 0
I will send you some tolerance for christmas.
What does that have to do with tolerance? I don't want freaks who save their own saliva in a bottle during lecture to drink it afterwards and who look like they're going to start an university shooting the next day sitting in the same room/(well, it's hilarious vs disgusting).

Playing loud music and begging are forbidden in public transport for good reason(because it's ****ing annoying).

And about the Jehova thing I don't really need so say much because I'm pretty sure most people have had them knocking on the door. If I had looked through the peephole first I wouldn't even opened the door but I had ordered a pizza and expected that to be the pizza delivery guy.

Upvote 0

Only good spiderman game was the origanal one on PS2, all other are sh!t

Sounds interesting, will look it up :)

A non-FPS on frostbite 2? Not gonna work, see NFS the Run for more details.

The fact that Raiden in the main character is a sure sign on what looms ahead for the MG franchise.

Ditto

So it's not about hot lesbian alien scenes anymore :(

I would be more gutted if this wasn't a PS3 exclusive, still really craving a game that is just pure zombie survival, no waves, no scripts, just you trying to survive in a post apocalyptic world :(

But most laughable at all: MW3 won best shooter over BF3. you should've seen the chatbox at that moment

IMO BF3 was just as undeserving of the SotY award as MW3

Both games are simply bastardized versions of previous gmaes, offering nothing new, and are aimed at the younger audience with more effort spent on hype then gameplay. Equally as disappointed in both :(

Upvote 0