• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics testsubjects needed: lvl 0, 1 and 2 sharpshooter. 5 mins work

F6Knight

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Belgium
edit
Monolithos gave me some good info already below but I'm still in need of some minor testing by a level 0, 1 and 2 sharpshooter.

If you are a level 0, 1 or 2 sharpshooter, can you please do the following.

Start a solo game with the clot buster mutator on and see if you can insta kill a clot with a single 9mm headshot (disregard any kills where you hit the body first). Just let them get really close to get easy headshots for this test :)
Please do the first 2-3 waves to get some solid data. I want no bleed outs at all.

I would like to know what the highest difficulty is, that a level 0, 1 and 2 sharpshooter can get insta kills without any bleed outs.

Please post your results with your sharpshooter level and what the highest difficulty is that you can get insta kill on with a single 9mm shot.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Last edited:
But don't you get awarded for the head shot when you pop the head (even if the shot does not straight out kill it)?

This code is taken from the SDK:
Code:
function TakeDamage(  << cut for saving space >>
{
    << cut for saving space >>
    if( bIsHeadShot )
        RemoveHead();
    // Award headshot here, not when zombie died.
    if( bDecapitated << cut for saving space >>
    {
      ScoredHeadshot( << cut for saving space >> )
    }
}
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\KFMod\Classes\KFMonster.uc

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yea, that right. Just pop the f***ing head out, and you got one less specimen to kill to level up SharpShooter. But I think he mean inst-a-kill, and not having the headless guy wandering around looking for his horse :)
Maybe I was not clear enough.

If your shot decapitate the zed = You get sharpshooter level up.
Even if the zed does not die from the shot.

I just checked in-game to verify the code i pasted in the first post

1) Started a beginner game as not-sharpshooter.
2) Checked number of sharpshooter headshots i had for next level
3) Shot a bloat in the throat using 9mm, his head poped. It begin to bleed out.
4) Checked number of sharpshooter headshots i had for next level before Bloat bleed out. It had increased by one
5) Verfied that Bloat was still alive, bleeding out

You get sharpshooter levelup if you decapitate a zed, even if someone else kill it while it bleed out.

As a sidenote, as i started the solo beginner game as a non-sharpshooter i was considered to be less than rank 0 sharpshooter. Clots insta-died from one shot to the head (no 5 sec bleed out animation). Rank 0 and up will instant kill clots on beginner using 9mm.

On normal, hard or suicidal clots would bleed out (and not insta die) as less than rank 0 sharpshooter.

As rank 5 shrapshooter clots instant die (does not bleed out) on all difficult levels, including suicidal.

Upvote 0
Monolithos, thanks a lot for that great info.

Not exactly the answer I was looking for but it gave me the answer I needed and more :)
This used to be debated when the game was just released, wether you would be awarded a headshot for your perk or not if the zed would bleed out and if someone else would "steal" your kill by shooting the headless body.

Thanks for confirming that a headshot is awarded even with bleed out and even when someone else steals the kill. Then new sharpshooters-to-be never need to worry about anything and can just pop heads as much as they can.

Going to rewrite my sharpshooter guide now and I'll also include this newly learned information :)

Although I'm still wondering from which sharpshooter level you will start to insta kill clots with a 9mm headshot on normal difficulty. Makes it slightly easier. No headless bodies getting in your way or grabbing you :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0