• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Testmap perk boosting patched? why

3mble

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
is there a whitelist now or something ?

i dont understand why would you do that, i had my berserker at levels 15 and 20 it was reset twice, and i spent so much time grinding zerk to 6 normally on KF1. Don't you think some people might just be tired of grinding it over and over again ??

I don't blame somebody for cheating their perks up. I've been blocked from playing HoE games just because I was level 19 for example on some class instead of 20. Okay so if I want to play HOE my only options are to play the classes I've already leveled up or waste some 30 hours leveling up on boring hard and suicidal? Not everybody simply has the time to put into the game to level up all perks, especially not me who enjoys playing a couple of classes only. I don't want to play classes I like less just because they need to be leveled up. If it were up to me I'd remove leveling altogether, why not let players have all the fun stuff from the get-go?

Idiots joining HOE is an entire separate matter. Leveling keeps some newbs out but it's still a crappy solution full of holes if you think that's the main point of levels. Kick voting, maybe combined with a requirement of something like 10 hours of game time before joining HOE, would do much better job keeping dorks out.

Upvote 0
laughing at illiterate people who can't read
already leveled perk twice, + in KF1, i already "took my time"

Then how about you stop playing in servers that don't allow levelling or get a better internet connection? I've never been de-levelled, not even once. Tripwire has confirmed they aren't going to reset any perk levels in EA and you're the first one to complain about it. It's either something wrong with your KF2(delete and reinstall) internet connection or Tripwire which then you can post support in KF2 Support section.

Upvote 0
I don't blame somebody for cheating their perks up. I've been blocked from playing HoE games just because I was level 19 for example on some class instead of 20. Okay so if I want to play HOE my only options are to play the classes I've already leveled up or waste some 30 hours leveling up on boring hard and suicidal? Not everybody simply has the time to put into the game to level up all perks, especially not me who enjoys playing a couple of classes only. I don't want to play classes I like less just because they need to be leveled up. If it were up to me I'd remove leveling altogether, why not let players have all the fun stuff from the get-go?

Idiots joining HOE is an entire separate matter. Leveling keeps some newbs out but it's still a crappy solution full of holes if you think that's the main point of levels. Kick voting, maybe combined with a requirement of something like 10 hours of game time before joining HOE, would do much better job keeping dorks out.

You shouldn't be playing HOE unless your level 25. Highest difficulty is for the highest level.
You sound like one of those guys who gets flipped off when he gets kicked from joining a Suicidal server at level 2 :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You shouldn't be playing HOE unless your level 25. Highest difficulty is for the highest level.
You sound like one of those guys who gets flipped off when he gets kicked from joining a Suicidal server at level 2 :rolleyes:
I have only under 150 hr in KF2 but did put 800 hr into KF1. I loathe people who join HoE at lvl under 5 without a good reason. I don't join under lvl20 myself which is exactly the problem. I'm blocked out of games. I know for sure I can play something like f*ing lvl25 Nuke demo, but I can't since I'm not gonna waste my time leveling him for that. I know I can be a good commando but I'm only level 19 so forget that. I'm basically locked into Support and Medic since those were my fav classes when I started. I'd probably be lvl50 support by now.

Having to level up to 25 to play on HoE is dumb: by the time anybody who's played FPS games before and maxed one or two classes in KF2 is able to play the other classes effectively well before they reach lvl25.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pretty much this. In the early days, I waited till I got my first 25 mandos before stepping on an outpost hoe map and still got rekted with other 23-24 players. Now I maxed level both zerker and med but still main suicidal and hard because I feel there are much more I could learn and improve before the ultimate challenge (and achievement :D)

EDIT: Never heard about this reset level things. Mine is still like that from the beginning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have only under 150 hr in KF2 but did put 800 hr into KF1. I loathe people who join HoE at lvl under 5 without a good reason. I don't join under lvl20 myself which is exactly the problem. I'm blocked out of games. I know for sure I can play something like f*ing lvl25 Nuke demo, but I can't since I'm not gonna waste my time leveling him for that. I know I can be a good commando but I'm only level 19 so forget that. I'm basically locked into Support and Medic since those were my fav classes when I started. I'd probably be lvl50 support by now.

Having to level up to 25 to play on HoE is dumb: by the time anybody who's played FPS games before and maxed one or two classes in KF2 is able to play the other classes effectively well before they reach lvl25.

You know what I don't care if you played a millon hours of KF1. KF2 is not KF1. The leveling system is there so people know your general experience with that class and your characters ability. There's a reason there's a leveling system to abide by, it so that players of deeper levels of experience can cooperate unspokenly with deeper stratgies than shooting everything that moves like in Manic 4 Dead.

I think you drastically overestimate your capabilities or you're ignorant of why the leveling system is needed. Because good gameplay sessions require good players, and if you just cheated to max level your are inherently NOT as good as a another player who reached max level legitimately.

And as an aside, what *exactly* do you think qualifies as a "good reason" to join a HOE game with a Perk level under 5?

"I wanna kill lots of HOE trash zeds and sponge off big zed kills so I can level faster but because I'm holding the team back you'll all probably lose but that's okay as long as I don't have to play by myself"

This, is the attitude of a spoiled child.

Upvote 0
You could get the PerkLevel-Map (which looks like the TestingMap). But that would be lame, just as using memory manipulation programs. Instead try to find a server with kickvote disabled or play with friends and have fun.

I usually don't mind when there are low lvl players on Suicidal or HoE. They do less damage and have a lower survivability chance because of the perk lvl but they can compensate that with skill. And if that skill is missing then there is more zeds left for the rest of the team. :D

Makes it more interesting.

PS: I'm for whitelists. But I don't expect them in EA phase yet. Maybe there will be an XP/minute limit instead which would be fine with me too.

Upvote 0
I hope a whitelist is introduced. Seen too many level 25's joining a game who have no clue how to play and are doing worse than me, which is pretty bad seeing as i'm a crap player.
Whats the point, its too late to reset perks again.

Then how about you stop playing in servers that don't allow levelling or get a better internet connection? I've never been de-levelled, not even once.
Did you buy the game yesterday or just trolling ? go be clueless somewhere else
the perks were reset atleast twice already

You could get the PerkLevel-Map (which looks like the TestingMap).
Patched. Gained xp resets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wonder how you got your perks reset twice. I've been with the game since the closed "server stability beta" the one which went on for like 1 or 2 weeks pre official release.
Got my perks reset once back then but never since... What the hell happened? :D

Anyway, the level system is totally fine and reasonable for your first 3 or 4 perks - as would be a level requirement for certain difficulties in my opinion. Beyond that it becomes debatable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you buy the game yesterday or just trolling ? go be clueless somewhere else
the perks were reset atleast twice already

Are you talking about global reset of Perk levels? As in everyone's levels were reset to 0?

This hasn't happened even once and I've owned the game since it was first released.

The only way your perk levels could have been reset before now is if you did it to yourself via command console. If it happened through some other means, then I don't have a clue what caused it, but I know it wasn't a global reset of perk levels.

Upvote 0
Yeah, there were no resets. ^^

Either you copy pasted a config from someone with perk reset set to true or you played on some kind of troll map.

Or you have serious steam cloud conection issues.. with disconnections for days.

Now that I'm thinking about a troll map, that's quite the hilarious idea:
Training map.. you push the "start spawning weak Hans" button and it doesn't just spawn Hans but also executes console command:
resetstats "steamname"

Maybe that's what happened. :D

Upvote 0
Judging by this thread on reddit something was done: https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/33s2vc/sandbox_map_release_kftestingmap/

Not only was there probably a change to what was considered a cheat and tripping the 0 xp gain function (probably in this case spawning enemies via map entity triggers the flag) but also mention of adding a "disable xp flag". The map dev himself states that he is considering ways to disable xp gain and wants to find a way to do it so his stance on it is that you should not be gaining any xp.

As for the reset i don't know how that happened to you unless there was a massive mess up with the steam cloud, you reset it yourself or you were messing around with the files and/or a memory editor and corrupted it. My friends and I have had no problems with resets and apart from a temporary disconnect from the steam servers i have had no problems with resets (and even in that case it only appeared as 0 until the server reconnected about 10 min later).

Finally the "I played a lot in KF1 and leveled everything to full so i shouldn't have to level in KF2" argument holds about as much water as a spaghetti strainer. Bring up that argument with any other 2 games and you will get a similar response form the community and it's probably not going to be a nice one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just tested it, as i have a copy of the testing map.

online, the actor factory grants 0 XP, so testingmap servers don't give XP at all

Offline, it seems to still work, but you have to modify the map spawners and things to deal with some of the changes in the newest builds. took me about 10 minutes of work and kismet know-how but i got it to work, spawn clots as always, and they were granting XP as far as i could tell on my support. (25 pre-patch but you still see the +XP numbers)

And it's not like you actually need it anyways if you can play hard or higher well.

Upvote 0
You know what I don't care if you played a millon hours of KF1. KF2 is not KF1. The leveling system is there so people know your general experience with that class and your characters ability. There's a reason there's a leveling system to abide by, it so that players of deeper levels of experience can cooperate unspokenly with deeper stratgies than shooting everything that moves like in Manic 4 Dead.

I think you drastically overestimate your capabilities or you're ignorant of why the leveling system is needed. Because good gameplay sessions require good players, and if you just cheated to max level your are inherently NOT as good as a another player who reached max level legitimately.

And as an aside, what *exactly* do you think qualifies as a "good reason" to join a HOE game with a Perk level under 5?

"I wanna kill lots of HOE trash zeds and sponge off big zed kills so I can level faster but because I'm holding the team back you'll all probably lose but that's okay as long as I don't have to play by myself"

This, is the attitude of a spoiled child.
Oh wow. Nice elitist attitude man. I cleared outpost and BP with pubbies on HoE well before the updates so I believe I can play HoE. That doesn't mean I can't dislike leveling.

@rockerfox
Same goes for you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Leveling maps are the plague of this game.

But also there are spots on the maps that are even better than leveling map like that one door on Burning Paris, or next to the stairs of Evacuation Point.

So leveling map or no it makes no difference if a player want's to grind the easy way he can do it legit on a legit map. KF2 has almost no skill involved in it. So if a non skilled player gets in a HoE lobby it don't make much difference anyway. It's not like in KF1 where one raged SC could kill the whole team. Now a Zerker can kill a SC or FP for seconds and the rest of the team won't even notice.

So in conclusion. Do whatever you like because there are players like me who enjoy playing the game regardless of the dificulty and the level and you can snitch an acheavement or two that have no real meaning in life. So go ahead cheat yourself from fun and good time playing the game and go and rage and make the life of the old players a nightmare play countless hours on leveling maps pressing the LMB as hard as you can. It doesn't make any difference. An unskilled player is unskilled at lvl 0 as well as at lvl 25

That's why people like me password protect their servers. Make communities and befriend other people who can play the game and enjoy playing instead of just enjoying the lvl grind. And you OP have no place there ... ah and you don't know the password so go and ruin other people's games ...

Upvote 0