• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Takedown screenshots - June 06 2013

Flogger23m

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
Here are some new screen shots of Takedown, a spiritual successor to games like SWAT/Rainbow 6 and other close quarters tactical shooters of the past.

dRoHp6gh.jpg

8iJU27Dh.jpg

OwIfgpuh.jpg

q80jcV3h.jpg

mFI1rpbh.jpg

SFLSNcsh.jpg

pXLzTeIh.jpg

More screen shots and behind the scenes development shots can be seen here:
http://www.serellan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2234-content-release/#entry45224

During E3 there will be more media. If you are a Kickstarter check the forums as we have something very big coming along rather soon.

So far progress seems to be on track. Some other random updates:

Audio shoot from a few months back:
TAKEDOWN Weapons Audio Recording Session - YouTube

- Melee (buttstock smacking) will likely not make it for the initial release.

- No promises for empty reload animations for the weapons. The AK seems to have both sets of animations done, but no guarantees all weapons will get the same.

Due to the limited budget and time restraints it looks like these two features might not make the initial release, but we can hope they do or are added post release.

Glad to see this project moving forward. SWAT 4 and Raven Shield are just too old and I am looking forward to playing a similar game with modern technology.

Last edited:
Too old? I'm replaying RS right now :p.

Will this game have a planning phase ala R6 series? That and the quality of the AI will be the main test for me. It certainly looks good though.

No confirmation on a detailed planning phase, likely won't be in. Expect the mission briefings to be more like SWAT 4. Overall this game is seems to be shaping up to be more like SWAT 4 with Rainbow 6 ROE (more military based). Which is fine by me. This is based purely on what I have seen and read, so I may be wrong. I might be finding out how on or off I am soon though (check the Kickstarter forum!).

AI has been stated as one of the primary development focuses of the game, so I have hopes that it will be detailed. Hopefully it will be better than Raven Shields (probably not that hard!) and better than SWAT's.

I like RvS and SWAT 4, but the antiquated AI (especially RvS) and the crashing across all systems I have ever tried it on for SWAT 4 really makes me want a newer replacement. :p Great games but I think they can easily be surpassed with newer technology. Takedown already has far more detailed weapon penetration than either of those two games which is great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First thing I saw was the tacticool AK.

Not a good sign.

Mali-Fighting_Darg2-630x418.jpg

[url]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Polish_Beryl_Puppy.JPEG[/URL]

Looks like a terrible configuration:
[url]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/429/1000xsu7.jpg[/URL]

Tacticool CAR-15:
[url]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9268/1000xti03.jpg[/URL]

If you have the money you'd do the same. I doubt any decently equipped PMC in the year 2013 would use a bone stock wood AKM. ;)

There will be multiple variants (or that was the plan) of each weapon. They were looking to create a family of a certain weapon system so I assume the lower end bad guys will be getting a basic AKM.

Upvote 0
The screenshots look nice and I genuinely want them to succeed at creating a proper tactical shooter. But before I get excited I want to see some actual gameplay, the game mechanics at work.
Then I will get excited :p

The wait will not be much longer. Expect to see some stuff from E3 in the next few days. If you're a Kickstarter, it gets even better. ;)

At the least we can see the maps certainly are styled after SWAT/R6. Open ended with many areas and paths rather than being linear lines. That alone gives me a lot of confidence. And yes, every building is enterable in the Radar map. Look at the doors on the far end of the map and you can see that the complex is larger than it may appear initially.

Keep in mind that this is an alpha though. As will the new content shown in the next few days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its pretty, I'll give it that. But like Disaster said, lets see it in action.

Won't be much longer now. I just hope we get to see AI first as that is the core of a tactical shooter (SP/co-op). Though I have a feeling the initial videos might be online player VS player. Like with Ground Branch, that is the easiest part to finish and will likely be done first.

Upvote 0
Well Ground Branch was supposed to be MP only at first, with rudimentary co-op as well. (as in, basic AI without too many bells and whistles, Raven Shield-style)

Originally GB was to have a strong SP/co-op with a good story as well as MP. Then they tried to do Sky Gods, which was MP with co-op and PvP type stuff. Then they cancelled that and made GB have similar goals; PvP and basic co-op. Advanced AI was a stretch goal for the Kickstarter with SP coming a year later. Obviously that failed.

Takedown has a campaign/SP which shares missions for co-op (like SWAT/R6) as well as PvP MP modes out of the box. Primary focus is the co-op, SP will follow as it is mostly the same and then PvP. But as PvP is the easiest to do and they only hired a dedicated AI programmer recently I think the PvP modes will get finished first. Regardless, if you are buying the game at release, all three modes will ship with the game.

Same screen shots in high res for those interested:
http://serellan.com/media/E3_Screenshot_Release.zip

Guy on the right in the first screen shot in the OP has a 1911.

Some new pictures from today:

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is rather old; a concept of pre-mission planning. It has shaped up into a 3D mode similar as seen in the video, but you will be able to move through it in 3D like Raven Shield. Assuming I understand it correctly. Waypoint placing is not confirmed though.

There is an alpha gameplay video released as well.

Edit: Here it is.

Kickstarter Exclusive: Early Gameplay Footage - Takedown: Red Sabre - YouTube

It is an alpha and obviously many things need to be worked on. Some other confirmed features:

- Multiple entry points. Squad can split up and spawn in two separate locations like in Rainbow 6.

- Pre-mission map (digital, 3D, like Raven Shield). The player can pan through this digital 3D map to study the room layout. Assuming I understand that correctly.

- Weapon attachments do not artificially change weapon performance. For example, a scope won't make a weapon any more accurate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0