• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Syndicate [2012]

Well that looks like it'll be a pretty average shooter with maybe a few interesting features. Know its kinda stupid to write it off after one trailer, but if there was more to it than just a basic man shoot you'd think they would try and show it in the trailer, especially given the relitive amount of recent sucess that DX:HR had.

Shame.

Syndicate was awesome and I even liked Wars, so its a pity that it looks like they've resorted to such a bland type game for somthing with such a rich setting and potential. Music was kinda nifty though.

Upvote 0
And I couldn't care less.

phaps but it does make it somewhat strange that you started the thread in the first place - and others like the deus-ex one too come to think of it.

i mean, there's no rules as to who is worthy to start a game thread but it does sound weird when someone kicks off with 'i have no connection with this game series whatsoever but.....'
To me it seems right that the thread stater should at least be a fan of the series or have some connection - in other words 'could care less'

Upvote 0
I only played Syndicate Wars when I was in my teens, so I have no strong emotional bond with this series. Using the Persuedertron to make the whole district population follow you around and fight your enemies was hilarious but that is about all I remember. Oh, and razing buildings to the ground.

The trailer leaves me very puzzled, how come the visual direction is so close to Deus Ex Human Revolution with all oranges replaced with blues and greens? It really does look like Human Revolution except everything is completely nuts.

Starbreeze are an excellent developer with inspired designers and competent programmers and artists, it is a damn shame they have to look to EA for funding. If it weren't for EA I'm sure Starbreeze could have envisioned this game universe and made this game without having to slap the Syndicate name on it, thus allowing them to make a kickass game without upsetting oldschool gamers. It is very hard to establish a new IP (Intellectual Property), especially if you must rely on publishers and investors who could care less about integrity and quality, EA owns a license and they want milk it for safe profit rather than risk trying to launch a new game universe which may not be popular.

Upvote 0
I still like the look of it, although

air vent rant

as soon as he starts crawling through the air vent my heart sank. I wish people would stop using air vents in games. It's about as lazy as a warehouse full of boxes or sewer tunnels. Air ducts are tiny, not large enough for an adult male to crouch through let alone crawl. Even if you do find a large enough vent to squeeze through there will be some sort of internal obstacles like bracing or blowers or even god forbid a fan set at the junctions. So you've managed to find an air vent that is large enough to fit through and has no internal obstacles, well the chances are it's not designed to support the weight of an adult male loaded with heavy equipment. It's probably designed to support the weight of air and would collapse beneath you. So let's say you find this magical vent that's large enough, has no internal obstacles and can support your weight the chances are there would be razor sharp edges inside that would cut you to ribbons because it's sheet metal with sharp edges everywhere. Not to mention the sheer amount of noise you would make clambering through one or getting lost in a labyrinth of tunnels rather than arriving at just the right room and the less said about the lack of any ventilation in these air vents the better.

/air vent rant

Last edited:
Upvote 0
phaps but it does make it somewhat strange that you started the thread in the first place - and others like the deus-ex one too come to think of it.

i mean, there's no rules as to who is worthy to start a game thread but it does sound weird when someone kicks off with 'i have no connection with this game series whatsoever but.....'
To me it seems right that the thread stater should at least be a fan of the series or have some connection - in other words 'could care less'
No. If I'm interested in a game and think that others might be too, I create a thread if I like. Deal with it.

As for that 11min gameplay demo, I'm very disappointed.

Upvote 0
I still like the look of it, although

air vent rant

as soon as he starts crawling through the air vent my heart sank. I wish people would stop using air vents in games. It's about as lazy as a warehouse full of boxes or sewer tunnels. Air ducts are tiny, not large enough for an adult male to crouch through let alone crawl. Even if you do find a large enough vent to squeeze through there will be some sort of internal obstacles like bracing or blowers or even god forbid a fan set at the junctions. So you've managed to find an air vent that is large enough to fit through and has no internal obstacles, well the chances are it's not designed to support the weight of an adult male loaded with heavy equipment. It's probably designed to support the weight of air and would collapse beneath you. So let's say you find this magical vent that's large enough, has no internal obstacles and can support your weight the chances are there would be razor sharp edges inside that would cut you to ribbons because it's sheet metal with sharp edges everywhere. Not to mention the sheer amount of noise you would make clambering through one or getting lost in a labyrinth of tunnels rather than arriving at just the right room and the less said about the lack of any ventilation in these air vents the better.

/air vent rant

"Television is to blame for this. That's where you see this. You see this in bad ****ing television!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0