• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Released - Free Trial Period!

Been away from the forums for a while.. Anyway thanks for the update. Thanks for implementing some of the ideas (good ones) that people have been suggesting. Game keeps getting better and better.:) Also for those having trouble getting the game "crisp" again with bloom off you might try setting the renderer option to "direct3d" rather than "directX9". I had that problem a long time ago and that fixed it.

Upvote 0
People always want more ^^.

Which doesnt have to be a bad thing but the way how they express their needs can probably feel demoralizing for people making the stuff.

If you give something some candy out of a jar, it'll only be a matter of time till they try to get the entire jar :p

heh.

Actually, TWI surpassed Taldren's achievements back on RO's release day. It was ten months after release before SFC2 was even mildly -playable-, with 20-30 MB patches being released every 7-10 days. It was a ten month public alpha test, really, with people paying $49.95 for the privilege of joining. TWI managed to give us a game that was pretty damn good, and required zero fixes on release day, and for just about half the price. And they've spent the year and a half since making it even -better-. That's pretty good.

Best part of the SFC2 fiasco is, now that the Taldren appears to have gone the way Darwin says they needed to, you can't even download the patches anymore, I don't think. When I re-installed it a few months ago to mess around a bit, in order to make my retail CD copy (yes, bought and paid for, not pirated!!!!) work, I had to actually download a pirate copy off BitTorrent, because whoever had put it up had included the most up-to-date patches.

Upvote 0
hmm, I thought that I was maybe imagining it, but then I noticed, when I looked in my display configs, that everything had been changed away from where I had it before. Bloom had been turned on, my brightness/gamma/contrast were changed, the AA and anistropic filters were activated...

yeah, was the same for me, I changed it back when I realized, after 5 seconds of game, but Bloom wouldn't go away.
Now that I've restarted the game, everything is fine. Overall, I'm really enjoying this realease. Thanks Tripwire!

also, maybe this has been answered to death, but I'll just ask here anyway (plus "KV" is too short to be included in search...) : does anyone else find the sights of the KV to be horribly off, namely , shells hitting targets @ about 100-200 meters way higher that where the 0 meters line on the sight points to ?

Upvote 0
also, maybe this has been answered to death, but I'll just ask here anyway (plus "KV" is too short to be included in search...) : does anyone else find the sights of the KV to be horribly off, namely , shells hitting targets @ about 100-200 meters way higher that where the 0 meters line on the sight points to ?
This is an old bug. If you are running in a widescreen resolution, then all unlinked gunsights (KV-1s, T-34/76, T-60) suffer from this.
Start a listen server or practice mode, and switch between a widescreen res and a 4:3 res, and you will see the sight picture changing.

Upvote 0
Anyone notice problems updating doesn't on steam? Or at least for me. I tried to open RO, and the usual "preparing to open RO" screen pops up, but it's been sitting like that for 20 mins, so I go into steam and look at my games, and it says RO is updating, but it's been stuck at 0% for an hour and 10 minutes...

I fixed it by closing steam, restarting steam, and restarting the update.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update, it looks great.

I have to add though, that you have to make it a little easier to get the Free Trial thing. I emailed the site to a few friends and most said it was confusing to find the free trial download, one said he kept running into a dead link. I don't think any of them got it.
So if you can put up some simple instructions for the PC idiots or a link that takes them right to the download page next time you do a free trial thing.

Upvote 0
boy i hate having to wade through 6 pages of generic "thx f0r the great p4tch!!1"-postings for the few useful bits of information.

what i've learned:
AB doesn't run atm, which is a shame. actually RO is no fun for me without AB, hope they'll fix it soon so i can play again.

what i haven't learned:
actual size of the patch. but it appears to be huge, download will take me another hour..

Upvote 0