• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Subscribed items not updating

vludax

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
I'm having an issue updating workshop subscriptions on the server.

I managed to upload a mod to the workshop using WorkshopUserTool. The mod was set to private after uploading, so I set it to public. Then copied the item ID to server config and started the server. The server downloaded the mod just fine.

Then I updated the mod by running WorkshopUserTool with the same config file once again. I could see a new Change record added in the workshop, and the Updated date had changed. The visibility of the mod was set to private after uploading for some reason (does this happen to everybody?). I changed it to public. Unfortunately the server never updated the workshop item. I just kept checking the status and reporting the state of 4.

I tried deleting appcache, depotcache, steamapps and userdata in Binaries\Win64 directory of the server, as well as KFGame\Cache. The mod was redownloaded, but never updated after I uploaded a new version to the workshop.

Could anybody advise how/when are servers meant to update their workshop items?

I'm having an issue updating workshop subscriptions on the server.

I managed to upload a mod to the workshop using WorkshopUserTool. The mod was set to private after uploading, so I set it to public. Then copied the item ID to server config and started the server. The server downloaded the mod just fine.

Then I updated the mod by running WorkshopUserTool with the same config file once again. I could see a new Change record added in the workshop, and the Updated date had changed. The visibility of the mod was set to private after uploading for some reason (does this happen to everybody?). I changed it to public. Unfortunately the server never updated the workshop item. I just kept checking the status and reporting the state of 4.

I tried deleting appcache, depotcache, steamapps and userdata in Binaries\Win64 directory of the server, as well as KFGame\Cache. The mod was redownloaded, but never updated after I uploaded a new version to the workshop.

Could anybody advise how/when are servers meant to update their workshop items?

I waited more than a day, but the server still wouldn't update the mod from the workshop. It seems like a problem with updating in server code. Should I create a bug report, or am I doing something wrong?

Upvote 0
I had the same issue happening with a workshop item as well. One server updated to the correct version fine, and the other would not. Both were identical configs and settings.
I think there is something wrong with the updating process when fetching a new version of the file(s) from steam.

Hopefully they'll figure it out eventually, but for now I am stuck disabling maps that won't update from voting/map cycle.

Upvote 0