• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Still no beta. Release date coming up quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feelgood66

Grizzled Veteran
May 12, 2009
www.formidablefew.com
This is the point where I generally begin to become worried. That release date will get here pretty quick, and there should be probably several solid weeks at minimum of beta testing. There is still no word about the "closed beta with 20k keys" announced.

So I ask, should I start to become worried that either there will not be a proper beta testing, as we had hoped? Or do you think we will hear something shortly.

I mean seriously, after the last few duds that have come out, with no beta tests, I think it is justified to be concerned. Not sure I will buy the game or support it, as I would like to, if there is not going to be adequate beta testing. Please dont tell me the friends and family testing should be adequate. Those of us that have been around long enough know better.

As for duds, here is a short list of recent duds that had no beta test, and as a result were a complete waste of money.

CoD Black Ops
Homefront
Breach
Crysis 2
Duke Nukem Forever
Brink

Please do not close and lock this thread. This is not to troll, I would genuinely like to hear, hopefully from devs when they get a chance, what is going on, and is there a timeline for a beta?

Please?

those games are a perfect example of why its best not to pre-order until you get a chance to play the game or at the very lest get a full review of the game (not a "preview").

I have faith in TWI, but theres no incentive to pre-order anyway, so I am waiting. A demo would give me more faith however. But I can wait.

Upvote 0
those games are a perfect example of why its best not to pre-order until you get a chance to play the game or at the very lest get a full review of the game (not a "preview").

I've had a controller in my hand since three, unless devs blatantly lie (Spore, Civ 5) or there is no media for said game, I'm pretty sure I know exactly how a game is going to turn out.
I have every notion of pre ordering this game the day its available to :D

Though I don't know why people are saying BLOPS was a failure, the game is a getting a sequel and was a financial success.
Crysis never got a sequel, it got Call of duty: crytek edition. No one expected DNF to be anything other then a joke.
I'll say your right about those other games.

Upvote 0
I've had a controller in my hand since three, unless devs blatantly lie (Spore, Civ 5) or there is no media for said game, I'm pretty sure I know exactly how a game is going to turn out.
I have every notion of pre ordering this game the day its available to :D

Though I don't know why people are saying BLOPS was a failure, the game is a getting a sequel and was a financial success.
Crysis never got a sequel, it got Call of duty: crytek edition. No one expected DNF to be anything other then a joke.
I'll say your right about those other games.

well I pre-ordered BLOPS and it didnt run very well on anyone's computer, let alone me. It was like it was compiled using the Microsoft PowerPoint engine!

its not just features, its the fact that lately its hit or miss if they run on my computer :p
e6850 C2D 3g
4G Ram
Nvidia 8800GTS 512
Win7 64

and no I dont have money to upgrade, and wont for sometime :p

Upvote 0
well I pre-ordered BLOPS and it didnt run very well on anyone's computer, let alone me. It was like it was compiled using the Microsoft PowerPoint engine!

its not just features, its the fact that lately its hit or miss if they run on my computer :p
e6850 C2D 3g
4G Ram
Nvidia 8800GTS 512
Win7 64

first off you expected to run blops with 4gigs of ram... get 8 your computer will show you more love then. :)

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0

e6850 C2D 3g
4G Ram
Nvidia 8800GTS 512
Win7 64

2.3ghz AMD dualcore
2gb ram
8800GT 512
Win 7 32.

Ran perfect for me. Highest settings. I do expect games to run perfectly on 2gb ram lulz

Last edited:
Reactions: LightsabeR
Upvote 0
I would rather the devs work with the small group of people they have now and let them actually complete the game rather than have them release a beta so close to release.

You have to understand that a lot of people take "multiplayer beta" and morph it into "multiplayer demo"

There will be a lot of whining from those who just want something else other than CoD and BF to play.

Upvote 0

e6850 C2D 3g
4G Ram
Nvidia 8800GTS 512
Win7 64

BLOPS was a turd,

I played during the free multi weekend and it was lagging like a bastard on a local dedicated server (roughly 30 ping).

Didn't seem to run half as well as MW2 based on their free weekend, plus netcode seemed significantly poorer. Funny because they're all based on the COD4 engine.

Upvote 0
That was a joke right?

I hope so, Black Ops looked like a turd. It's just a console port and it runs on a modified COD4 engine.

e6850 C2D 3g
4G Ram
Nvidia 8800GTS 512
Win7 64

BLOPS was a turd,

I played during the free multi weekend and it was lagging like a bastard on a local dedicated server (roughly 30 ping).

Didn't seem to run half as well as MW2 based on their free weekend, plus netcode seemed significantly poorer. Funny because they're all based on the COD4 engine.

I would rather the devs work with the small group of people they have now and let them actually complete the game rather than have them release a beta so close to release.

You have to understand that a lot of people take "multiplayer beta" and morph it into "multiplayer demo"

There will be a lot of whining from those who just want something else other than CoD and BF to play.

What the OP is saying is that beta testing is critical precisely because we are so close to release. It's an essential thing....it allows for widespread detection of bugs and stress testing, and post-beta that means tons of additional work to be done, so it makes no sense to hold off on expanding the beta until the last minute. It's not a demo at all for precisely that reason.

Although, by the same token, it is true that if it is a buggy mess during beta the CODtards will move on to something else.

But granted, the devs held off announcing the release date probably for this very reason. They shouldn't have announced a release date (in spite of the incessant *****ing on this forum) if they didn't think they could ship by then.

Upvote 0

Although Blops ran fine with me, I stopped after an hour, it's just no fun of a game (and otherwise I just reinstall MW2, same game anyway)

first off you expected to run blops with 4gigs of ram... get 8 your computer will show you more love then. :)

Ran everything fine with 2Gb just a year ago, now I got 4 Gb and it's just plain overkill (if you do not care about a slightly longer loading time)

But granted, the devs held off announcing the release date probably for this very reason. They shouldn't have announced a release date (in spite of the incessant *****ing on this forum) if they didn't think they could ship by then.

They wanted a finished product on release, so you're absolutely right.
I was actually surprised to see the release date announcement this 'early'.
A beta can get significantly longer when hard-to-fix bugs or vague complaints keep poping up. However a month is probably enough (shorter if you are non-TWI and don't care about finished product)

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0
Why do people keep saying the MW2 was better than Black Ops? Do people like not being able to play a proper game without any hitches?! RO people not see the constant hacks that ruin the whole games?!! Do people like waiting in the browser for 5 mins while IW.net puts you in some stupid +600 ping server?!!! Then ragequitting hosts! Constant hacking!! 6 year olds!!! Uuh it makes me SO MAD[\b] When people talk about how good the MATCHMAKING was compared to proper SERVERS!! IT MAKES ME WANT TO PULL OUT MY F***ING HAIR!!!!

Ok calm down...

Beta will probably come when the game goes gold as both the beta and going gold share the same reasons for use, my prediction it will start about 1st to 14th of Aug and go until it's released.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.