• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

That oblivion lost is for the first stalker game, am I right?
Or do you have such improvement mods (I like the complete overhaul for the first one) also for the last piece?

A: Get mods
B: configs/weapon settings text files, configure accuracy and damage to your hearts content ( i did :D )

Didn't know it could be altered that easily. Thanks:)

Upvote 0
Okay, I just emerged from some sewers into some kind of army base? Well I didn't know it was an army base at first, I marched straight in to the objective without realizing there were soldiers everywhere and that I didn't have enough ammo. They didn't really make it obvious enough that you had to use stealth to get through this part consider the part right before I entered the sewers had me destroying an entire platoon of soldiers single-handedly.

So, how exactly does stealth work in this game? I can't seem to do it. It really doesn't help that knives only hit your target half the time, the other half they have no effect other than to alert your target that he is behind you. Oh, and also, enemy alertness and patrol/spawn locations seem to change when you load up a save game??? I saved a game in a "safe" spot, and after I had loaded back to that spot a few times, suddenly there was an enemy soldier RIGHT THERE where he wasn't before in the previous loads.

Also, enemy soldiers can suddenly become aware of my presence without looking at me or seeing me. ??? How do I do this...

I ditched my silenced pistol a long time ago when it became apparent that they are useless...you have to get up close because they are so inaccurate, but every enemy has a weapon that will destroy you in close quarters so that doesn't really work well.

Upvote 0
If I recall correctly, if you kill someone in certain areas all of the soldiers automatically know you are there.

I am assuming you are at the base ontop of Strelok's hidden area?

Stealth works pretty good for me with suppressors... that being said, I have not played STALKER SoC for years without mods. But in CoP it works rather well.

Upvote 0
This is getting annoying. Finally make it into the 3rd floor of the institute building. I'm trying to sneak up on a soldier. He doesn't notice me even when I'm 90 degrees to him...okay. Then he turns around so that his back faces me. Apparently he has eyes on his back because thats when he notices me? So I load up my save game because that was bull****. Oh, except now all the guards have automatically been alerted, the siren is ringing, and that soldier who was just there in my previous save is somewhere else. WTF?

Upvote 0
If I recall correctly, if you kill someone in certain areas all of the soldiers automatically know you are there.

I am assuming you are at the base ontop of Strelok's hidden area?

Stealth works pretty good for me with suppressors... that being said, I have not played STALKER SoC for years without mods. But in CoP it works rather well.

Well the main problem right now is that when I load up a save game the base will be on alert even though it wasn't before and the NPC locations will be different...

Upvote 0
Yep, Agroprom Research Institute.

With mods you can get silencers, which makes stealth easier.

But having said that, lolstealth in stalker.

Oblivion Lost is for SoC, and it brings some cool stuff, like repairs, easy access to silencers, and a Saiga 12 in the Agroprom Research Institute.

Said Saiga 12 is rapetastic, as most things don't put up much of a fight. Enemies, like Bandits or the Military, die in one shot in my experience.

Also there's Blowouts. As well as random raids on the Bar. Such sad times. :(

Upvote 0
What's the matter, can't get the Agroprom docs without setting off the alarm? ;)

Actually my first time getting the docs with OL there was a blowout just as i killed the two sentries posted at the north-west entrance.

That little guard post doesn't offer sufficient protection...

After that i got them. I bypassed the underground completely, as i had misread a mission description and thought there was a Burer in the underground.

Turns out that's X18 :(

Upvote 0
Uhwhaaaaat?

I got the Docs from Agroprom easily in my first run of Shadow of Chernobyl wich was on vanilla (no mods) and on Normal.
I just ran inside and spraied a bit of my MP5 to one side and another, trew a few nades, went up the stairs and repeated the process while ducking and leaning behind HARD objects.

If you got Blowouts then you must have not been playing Vanilla, SHoC only has 2 blowouts in the game and they are both scripted.

And yeah lolstealth in STALKER, the PB1s (the pistol with the integrated silencer) looks weak but you can take down STALKERs with it. The problem is that they turn around after the first hit and instantly headshot you with a Val.

Upvote 0
Well, my interest is piqued. Only played through CoP once, so unlike S.TA.L.K.E.R, I don't remember enough to really point out what I might dislike about the mod. With these HUGE conversion mods, there's always something they like you don't. For me it's usually the aesthetics of atmospheric effects, seems like every major TES overhaul, someone decided high saturation color effects is what was called for.

Anyways, will have to try this out.

Upvote 0