• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

True, but they could have put just a little spawn protection for the MP side of things.

Just because the game pisses me off does not mean I don't like it.
Its going to be heavily modded just like the first Stalker (which is still on my HD).

My MP pickles are desperately looking for something new to tickle them.

Thanks...

Upvote 0
I have to bump this thread to ask a question on how to get to the true ending in SoC...

So I got the decoder and made my way into the secret part of the PPC. I killed all of those sobs and made my way back outside to were all of the portal things are. I did not see any cut scenes so I figured I had to keep going. After about 1 hour of fighting tons of Monolith bastards I have declared myself stuck at this one part.

So I was going through all of the portals and thought I had to be pretty close to finishing until one portal dropped me off on the ground next to one of those telepathic monsters that drags you in close then shoots you back. Its near the six large electric circle things that are shooting out electricity looking stuff. I've ran around every nook and cranny but cannot find out where to go next.

Please help!

Upvote 0
So who else grabbed this during the Steam Halloween sale?

The game is pretty bleak and brutal, man. I just got an MP5-looking thing a few minutes ago and was real happy to get some ammo for it together, but now I got an AKsomething as a reward for a quest!
I just need a better suit now and I can start a-rockin!:D

How do anomalies work in this game? How can I protect myself from them? I scouted out a mysterious artifact thingy but I can't get to it because I get fried from fireballs out of nowhere!

Upvote 0
Got call of pripyat ages ago because the first stalker was awesome.

Stopped after a quarter of an hour when I noticed the guns have a cone of 30 degrees when aiming down the sight while enemies can hit form 200 meters.

Really killed the game for me.

A: Get mods
B: configs/weapon settings text files, configure accuracy and damage to your hearts content ( i did :D )

Upvote 0
I downloaded the complete mod and it looks fine and all, but my grass is jittering now. Like it's animation is on steroids. Weird side-effect of the "Zone" or a problem with the mod?

It's the X-Ray engine. Get used to it because it's preety much the most unstable game engine that has ever existed on God's Green Earth.
Anything and everything can litteraly cause the game to crash without warning.
If you tought the constant "hl2.exe has stopped working" erroes where annoying you are not prepared for this.
The Complete, LURK and other mods help make the game more stable by actually downgrading the engine a version (as of last time I checked).

Upvote 0
How do anomalies work in this game? How can I protect myself from them? I scouted out a mysterious artifact thingy but I can't get to it because I get fried from fireballs out of nowhere!

You don't, you stay away from them, or if you must go in, you try very carefully to find some sneaky path through the anomaly field that will only hurt, not kill you (but that's not allways an option, you may have to just leave the artifact be).

Upvote 0
I'm running OL 2.1.1 with all the goodies that come with it, however one thing bugs me:

The sway is way too much to be able to hit anything when standing.

So, with the Steam version, what files do i alter to change it down to a more manageable sway? As in directory address and file name; i am not a clever man.

Upvote 0

Beware of anomaly fields. They are helpfull even tough they are dangerous as hell. If you start getting raped by Snorks try to lure one onto an anomaly and you have great chances of killing it easily.

Also, get the Flash artifact 2 times so you can have unlimited stamina.

Upvote 0
You rookies failed to tell him about the importance of using bolts. Press 6 to bring out the bolts. Throw a bolt infront of you when trying to navigate through an anomaly field. If the bolt doesn't hit anything walk to wear it landed. If it triggers an anomaly. throw another bolt to the side until you don't hit anything. Repeat as many times as necessary. It's all trial and error.

Anomalies will kill you if you step in them. Some quicker than others. There are 4 different types to watch out for; gravitational, thermal, electrical and chemical. That frantic beeping sound you keep hearing tells you when you are getting close to an anomaly.

Gravitational (Vortex, Whirligig, Springboard) anomalies can be spotted by distortion in the air and debree getting sucked into them. They also make this weird sound.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Vortex Anomalies - YouTube

Don't let this happen to you.

Electrical (Electro) anomalies are easy to spot, they look like bolts of electricity flowing over the ground. They will discharge in a 10 meter radius if you throw something in them or step in them. 1-2 discharges will kill you. One trick to getting through them is to throw a bolt in to it and immediately run through. When the bolt hits it neutralizes the anomaly for a second giving you time to get past it. This is the only anomaly you can do this with.

Thermal (Burner) anomalies shoot out a stream of face melting flame when triggered. You're already familiar with this one.

Chemical (Fruit punch) anomalies are corrosive liquid. These are easy to spot. They look like a greenish bubbling liquid that make a bubbling sound.

The best way to protect yourself is to not go near them. However shiny rocks are in them that you want to sell to buy more vodka. The SEVA suit is the best for exploring anomaly fields. Certain artifacts can also be used to protect yourself from electrical, thermal and chemical anomalies.

The stalker wiki can tell you anything you want to know.

http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Pagehttp://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Last edited:
Reactions: mamoo
Upvote 0
Actually i found the SEVA to be the best overall suit, there are suits with better armour and such, but they all have a lot of drawbacks aswell, like excessive weight, poor or no nightvision, or underwhelming environmental protection.

The SEVA is fairly light, it's environmental protection is excellent, it's armour is adequate for a medium suit, and it's got great nightvision, it's a really good allrounder for all your exploring and loot getting needs, but you do have to fight smart, it's not the best armoured suit out there by any means.

Upvote 0
Just got this on sale too. What essential mods should I get?

Depends on what you want and what system you have (there's some nifty mods that improve graphics, but they are not so nifty if they will turn your game into a slideshow).

Honestly, i'd say start a new game without any mods, just to test the waters and see what you think, and pretty soon you'll have a good idea what you think the game is missing and what to look for in a mod, and you won't be too far invested in the game to deal with maybe having to start it over (some mods require that, some don't).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I play with Oblivion Lost 2.1.1, and that's really only for the repairs and extra guns; i've since found that you get a silencer from the Barman, and the MP5 (guns are correctly named now) goes in the secondary weapon slot.

Since i'm particuarly interested in the weapon side of STALKER, anyone got a good mod that introduces more weapons?

Upvote 0