• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER almost done.

I have just completely lost interest. I would rather otherwise but i still see this as being another boiling point. Overly ambitious, buggy and a great concept that is simply too huge to achieve well by current means and technology.

I will be pleased if I am proved wrong, but I won't be holding my breath

Upvote 0
LOl hey do you guys know of any forums where jaded gamers hang out? I would like to talk to some :D

Seriously, I too have lost interest in STALKER. It looks very cool, potentially better than HL2 as a single player game, but I am just going to wait and see what actually happens as oppossed to going off hype and endless previews.

Upvote 0
Jack said:
LOl hey do you guys know of any forums where jaded gamers hang out? I would like to talk to some :D

Seriously, I too have lost interest in STALKER. It looks very cool, potentially better than HL2 as a single player game, but I am just going to wait and see what actually happens as oppossed to going off hype and endless previews.
Yeah they announced it too damn early.
It got to the public which means they'll have hands full on PR only...

They could have better recruited a damn lot of alphatesters which should have signed an NDA and announce it later on...
Or you could better not announce it at all...

Upvote 0
Regardless, I still look forward to this even though the game itself becoming more dated by the years. Graphics won't compensate for an original storyline, which is why people are still religiously following this game throughout its development. Personally, I've always found the premise of a "post cherynobl" environment to be pretty compelling, and should make for a suspenseful FPS.

Upvote 0
Polygon said:
Regardless, I still look forward to this even though the game itself becoming more dated by the years. Graphics won't compensate for an original storyline, which is why people are still religiously following this game throughout its development. Personally, I've always found the premise of a "post cherynobl" environment to be pretty compelling, and should make for a suspenseful FPS.
Yeah though the graphics are still amazing IMO, especially for that scale!!! :eek:

I also like the physics, powered by de Open Dynamics Engine, which seems to be better than Havok 2?!?!?

Anyway, the gameplay is amazing! I hope they'll improve it and get rid of the bugs I didn't notice at all... :D

Upvote 0