• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Leader TK's with Artillery and Banning

Two things:

1.) The server can set the number of TKs required before you're booted, and can adjust the "arty TK" value to be a fraction of that required amount. IE: arty TKs only count as half a death for your TK meter (as it were). That's all determined server-side, though.

On default the tk kick limit is set to 4. grenade counts as .5 arty as .25

meaning you can make 16 arty kills before getting killed. Thats equal to a score of -48. The thing is mosts servers have a damage limit aswell so some lamer cant continuously hit ppl in the feet, problem with a damage limit is that the default value is already met with about 2 or 3 tks.

Upvote 0
On default the tk kick limit is set to 4. grenade counts as .5 arty as .25

meaning you can make 16 arty kills before getting killed. Thats equal to a score of -48. The thing is mosts servers have a damage limit aswell so some lamer cant continuously hit ppl in the feet, problem with a damage limit is that the default value is already met with about 2 or 3 tks.

Yeah, shame you can't have a separate ffdamagelimit for each damage type. I find its best to just set ffdamage to over 2000 or so. Means people can teamwound more, but at least you don't get kicked when being squad leader as often.

Upvote 0
Try playing the attacker in Basovka. You have to bombard behind the enemy objective to stop them from getting more men to defend it, when they can't get men to defend it they quickly lose it and your team starts spawning at that objective, then your friends don't bother to think about the arty barrage still going on and just run out of the spawn towards the next objective and you are banned.

Esko is right on spot here. I like playing the squad leader every now and then and i have had some very frustrating experiences some times and mostly in Basovka. Specially on some servers (low tk-limits, 3 rounds) playing the squad leader in Basovka is doomed from the start. You get practically always kicked at some point, no matter how good or bad you play.
It's a serious p*ss off, when sitting comfortably on top of the table with 50+ score, laughing silently when looking trough the binoculars how the enemies get flown across the horizon left and right...and then suddenly you just get kicked.

Just last night i had a very frustrating experience playing the soviet sl. I was being very careful with my arties as i knew the tk limit was quite low on that particular server. I only ordered the strikes to "safe" locations and always warned beforehand. I never even noticed killing any friendlies. Then at one point during the last round, the axis were about to cap the command bunker. I thought: "s**t we r gonna lose". So I warned on the text chat 2 times and ordered a strike right in front of the bunker. As the first shells landed, I got kicked instantly. I instantly joined back only to see that the we now held the bunker securely and there were plenty of ragdolls in german uniforms flying around.

And it's even worse when playing the german leader. Most efficient way to cap the bunker is to drop an arty barrage right behind it, so the soviets can

Upvote 0
Only join servers that have decent tk limits..thats pretty much all you can do about it for now. Click on the server in the server browser and look on the bottom left for

FFArtyScale: look for a 0. number...if its 0.5 and the FFKillLimit is 5 then you can do 10 arty TK's before you get kicked (something like that anyway). You will only get to 10 arty tks before being kicked if the FFDamageLimit is high enough

FFExplosiveScale: Same as above but for grenades and satchels

FFDamageLimit: The amount of HP you can do before you get kicked. So if its 2000 for eg you can do 2000 total accumulated damage to team mates before you get kicked. If you do 100 damage per arty kill this means you can do 20 arty tk's before you get kicked. If you reach the ffArtyScale before that then you get kicked then. I think arty usually does more than 100 damage though so it wouldn't really be 20.

As long as the server has admins that often play there then high values like this are OK IMO. Could be a good idea to set it to FFP_SessionBan instead of FFP_Kick so if someone does go over these relaxed limits they get banned for the remainder of the map. Even these sorts of limits can get you kicked though if your team mates don't listen to you but its better than the defaults. IMO I would put FFKillLimit to a low value like 2 or 3 because tk's from normal guns should be quite rare IMO. Nades and arty are different tho

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would it be a good idea if instead of having a absolute tk lmit, a player would be kicked only if he reaches a score of -3 or sthing?
This way average/good players wouldnt be kicked because some noobs running into their fire and intentional teamkillers would be kicked quite quickly.

This is what I've been saying since day one. Kicking and banning should be decided on merits. The very purpose of a points system is to track the relative contributions of individual players. Therefore, it seems logical to kick on negative score.

Unfortunately, much of the community seems to hate the idea, and the developers want to have nothing to do with any anti-teamkilling system. Their official position is that it's up to the server admins to police their servers and kick griefing players. My argument is, why shift the responsibility to them when it's so easy to just code it in to the game?

Upvote 0