• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Split Screen! Woohoo!

Guys this game already has controller support.
Ive started from the main menu, started up a game and played through it with just a controller before.

IMO the aim assist is too much and kind of ruins the game. I hope you can disable it server side.

But sometimes I just love playing games with controllers. Like I cant play Borderlands without a controller, because I originally played BL1 on the xbox. Killing floor will always be a keyboard & mouse game to me, but I might actually try it out with a controller again sometime.

Upvote 0
Same, both with borderlands and KF. I do have a PS4 controller here though, and I did say I'd give it a go at some point...

As for the topic, I can see why you'd skip PC splitscreen. But I'll just say splitscreen on consoles is really, really worth considering. Not too many console games have it, it'd always be good to have more!

I could also force my friend to play in that case as we'd be in the same room and he couldn't get away from me!

Upvote 0
Tripwire is refusing to address the broken controller support, so without that theres no point for split screen. It would be great to have, UT3 and Borderlands 2 pulled it off easily on the same engine via mods, and The Haunted also had it via a simple console command.

It will most likely never happen sadly.

It would be nice. I have a few beers at a friend's house and we play BL2 on his PS4. It's fun. We were hoping KF2 would be the same, as I play it now and told him about it. We'll see, I guess.

I have played consoles through the years, and don't have an issue with them, they are fun, I just prefer a mouse and keyboard. The controllers have gotten better for FPS games the last few years, but it still feels like somewhat of a handicap when I use one.

Upvote 0