• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Split Screen! Woohoo!

Well guys from the looks of it, Killing Floor 2 will have splitscreen. However I didn't see anything about controller support but I'm assuming that will be integrated into the game sibce there is splitscreen. I'm pretty stoked if this is true.

2hejbr6.png

Last edited:
Local coop does not necessarily mean LAN. A lot of games ssupport LAN and yet they do not hold the local coop tag. Local coop usually means splitscreen and its very likely considering splitscreen support is built right into unreal engine 3. KF Calamity had split screen and was boasted about hy Tripwire about "laughing in your friends face after they get mauled by a fleshpound." KF would be the perfect split screen game and i think Tripwire realized that with Calamity. Plus keep in mind, this game is being built to support SteamOS, meaning Steamboxes can run the game. The only thing that concerns me is the controller support. They need to provide controller support at least for the most common controllers. I don't want to have to buy a Steam controller to play this on my TV.

Upvote 0
Yes please. I want to be able to spit-screen with me on kbam and someone else with one of my 360 gamepads. Add aim-assist, I don't care as long as it works properly.
Aim assist is really not that necessary. That would give controller users an advantage over kbm users. I guess it all depends on how skilled one is with the controller. I rarely use aim assist with controllers.

Upvote 0
i dont see how you could play with gamepads on higher diffs. You cant aim for head as fast as with mouse. no way.
I do perfectly fine on 6-player hell on earth. If you configure xpadder properly you can be just as good as a kbm user. I also have mine set to be very sensitive when not aiming and more precise with sensitivity when aiming via xpadder. I can even use the command menu with the back button and the Dpad. If you are good with it, a controller is just as good as kbm. I even play ut2004 with a controller and do just as well. Its all about how well you configure it

Upvote 0
In this case we mean "LAN co-op" as well as standard. Sorry, not planning on split-screen.
Damn. Well you should have the tags changed. KF1 had LAN support but didn't have the Local Coop tag so this can cause some serious confusion like it did to me. Generally local coop usually means split screen. Can you guys verify controller support though?

Upvote 0