• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Spawning problem

rwils79

Dec 28, 2009
Hey guys, I followed a tutorial on YouTube about creating your first map for Killing Floor. I followed the guy's tutorial exactly, but when I click "Build All" and then "Play Level", Killing Floor starts up fine, but as soon as I click "Ready", it says "Your squad has been wiped out". I also created a player spawn point. What do I do to solve this problem? Here is some of the stuff I've done so you get an idea:

- I have created a ZombieVolume
- I made sure that the zombie's are spawning inside a room
- I have path nodes
- I have random weapon and item spawns

Well, Maybe....
1. your character's spawn is not right, and you are dieing upon starting. Check placement of the player spawn.
2. I have problems playing my level within the editor. Maybe, create the level, "build all" the level AND SAVE.....(map name has to start with kf-). Then start up KF game select "solo" then select you map and try it from there.

NAKED

Hey, would you know how to make it that a door can only be opened by the zombies???

NAKED GI JOE

Upvote 0
Maybe it is that the spawn point is not right, if so, how do I fix the snapping to grid thing? Because for me, the snapping to grid is a little off, it's not on the lines exactly, it's kinda weird. By the way, I did save the map, I saved it as KF-TestMap. I'll edit this post if it works doing it with your last method, going into Killing Floor (not the editor) and playing from there.

Upvote 0
If you have a line thats not snapping just right-click one of its corners and that corner will no appear on the line.

you might have to raise your spawn point from out of the ground since you might be spawning into rock and therefore dying.

as for the door set it up as a open timed door. block the gap with a zombiezone volume to stop players going in there and add a proxy trigger which is triggered by zombies.

Upvote 0
as for the door set it up as a open timed door. block the gap with a zombiezone volume to stop players going in there and add a proxy trigger which is triggered by zombies.

Yep, I just tried right after I posted he question, works fine....one follow up question to that what setting is it the closes the door after each round? I want the doors to go back to closed state at the end of a round?

Upvote 0