• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

RO2 Spawn Protection

Cwivey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
In the hills! (of England)
I haven't noticed any spawn protection in game. What I need is a way for a player to spawn invisible for a configurable number of seconds. If they fire while invisible, they immediately become visible.
Newly spawned players have about 3 seconds of spawn protection, that is, unless they spawn on SL in which case they have 0.

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
The ServerEx mutator has additional spawn protection. What it does is give a spawned player immunity for an extra couple of seconds as long as he's in the spawn area. The immunity drops as soon as he steps outside of his spawn area or as soon as he tries to hit an enemy while he himself is still being under protection.

Last edited:

LordGleedo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2010
Bucks, England
www.theoldgitsarmy.com
The ServerEx mutator has additional spawn protection. What it does is give a spawned player immunity for an extra couple of seconds as long as he's in the spawn area. The immunity drops as soon as he steps outside of his spawn area or as soon as he tries to hit an enemy while he himself is still being under protection.
Thanks for the reply. I may ask to take a look at your code so I can take it a stage further, but I'm not quite there yet.