• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sorry Bolts, but Semi Autos stole my heart...

MG is indeed the hardest class (with PT soldat) because you need a good teamwork and cover around you to be effective and survive long , and choose the right spots as well as leave them at the right time , cause you are a priority target for the ennemy and vulnerable because of the muzzle flashes and tracers .

When used effectively though , it is IMO the best weapon of the game for taking out a max of ennemies in limited time , in many maps , a good tanker team + 2 good MG is a map winner combination .

Upvote 0
Yeah MG or bolt for life, but that G43 is pretty freaking sweet.

I've always played bolt or MG, but I gave the G43 a shot. That thing is pretty damn accurate. The secret is practicing fire discipline as if you had bolt. Taking only well aimed medium and long range shots, and really only using the rapid fire feature to save your butt in emergency situations against MGers. The SVT for some reason doesn't do it for me the same way as the G43, is it less accurate?

Bolt still rocks for bayo charges, and I totally owned a German G43 user with my bayo yesterday by letting him pop off his whole clip and them brutally stabbing him in the head while he reloaded. That was intensity. G43 user you know who you are (Danzig Command Center).

Upvote 0
I like the SVT for maps that don't have long ranges or require really precise shots. It's pretty accurate and still has a bayo when you need one. The G43 seems just as accurate to me but it's long reload time gets to be a pain. Both the semi-autos are great tools and I use them occasionally but I stick with a bolt almost all the time.

I agree that the MG and PTRD are probably the hardest to use well. Maybe because I don't know the best MG locations and tank soft spots as well as I should.

Upvote 0
Sure, we bolters have a inferior weapon, but we use it with pride and the skill it demands.
We make our weaknesses our strengths.
We only have one bullet ready to fire.
Whilst everyone else blazes away with their autos we stand in our own
silence for just a split second longer to look down the barrel until the
feeling is right and the aim straight.
After the trigger is pulled our bullets are equal to any other. It goes where
we pointed it , nowhere else, and cuts away the strings from the puppets
that run in front of the cold black iron sights.
Then we pull back the bolt and burning, guilty copper flys free. It is the
perfect finish. It is the echo of the final beat of the hart we tore in two.
Then, when the bolt is pushed forward and we dive for cover, everything is ready again.

I love my bolter.

/psychopathic rant

That brought a tear to my eye..

I've been using the bolt action since beta 2.0 and that's what I honed my RO skills on. Course I don't turn down a chance at picking up a semi or STG44 from a dead person, but I feel I'm more effective at long range with a bolt cause I've got the 1 shot 1 kill mentality. It's always pleasing to kill spraying auto loader with 1 shot to the chest at close range.

Upvote 0