• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some thoughts on Killing Floor

in[R]i

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 24, 2009
First off, i have to say, i LOVE Killing Floor.
I rented a server, i got over 50 hours played and i'm doing good progression on my perks. I convinced a lot of my gamer friends to buy a copy or even gifted them.

But i just get this feeling.. i really don't like it.. but i get the feeling that this game won't last long. And that being said, im constantly refreshing the server with all the custom maps.
But i just think people will loose interest in this game fairly quick, sure the zombie shootan is a hell lot of fun! ...for a few days maybe. But it gets old after a while, i don't think anyone can deny that, and yes, im trying harder difficulties every now and then. But, it's just the same thing with more/tougher zombies.
But i don't want Killing Floor to be one of those games you never touch again.
Solution? More game modes? Some sort of versus?
What's for sure is that you need to add some sort of competive touch to it.

Ahh .. I don't really know what i want to say

I couldn't agree more mate.I have tried sticking at it to see if i can get to like it more.But its boring.I went on a server the other night.Missed a couple of waves in the farm.Jumped in and went to the shop after the next wave to be showered with money so i could buy anything i wanted.
So that took the earning money side of the game away.We fought through until the big boss and what did they do.
Welded the doors shut in the house and waited and waited.I left after 5 mins as i was bored s*** less.What was the point?
I tried a 20 player server and spent 20 mins waiting for 2 people to die so we could spawn.But they kept running away so everyone who was dead left.I left before they had finished as i have a life.

So all in all its a big YAWN from me now.

Upvote 0
you guys forget this game just got realesed.. give it a chance, its growin, step by step...

i'm sure there would more weapons, more maps, more stuff.. its just the start.

and ye i agree it getting booring but something always keeping me playing this game day after day, i guess its the sexy weapons which i like so much.. i feel power with these weapons and thats a feel not many games can provide today.

Upvote 0
I'm not bitter

843430.JPG

Upvote 0
So "The game is dying!!!!oneeleven" all over again?
(is that an official running gag by now?)

I'm sure TWI will fix bugs and release new content as they have done it for RO. You can't say that KF is dying just because the average player count per day is now lower than on the release day. And you'll get your maps soon enough remember this sentence when there are over 100 custom versions of an official map (like arad).

Upvote 0
you guys forget this game just got realesed.. give it a chance, its growin, step by step...
Err no mate it was top of the steam list when in pre order.So thats one hell of a lot of players who should be online playing.
just checked again.
Nearly 19000 playing L4D
Nearly 4000 playing KF.

The facts speak for themselves.People are bored after less than 2 weeks.
Thats not looking good is it.

Upvote 0
Err no mate it was top of the steam list when in pre order.So thats one hell of a lot of players who should be online playing.
just checked again.
Nearly 19000 playing L4D
Nearly 4000 playing KF.

uhhh how many people own l4d?

Upvote 0
just checked again.
Nearly 19000 playing L4D
Nearly 4000 playing KF.

maybe you forget that these guys are working on a major title? This game was merely a mod turned retail and most of TWI I'm sure are working on RO:HOS. So you are comparing a major Valve title to a team who only have experience with one previous retail game and now a highly polished mod, KF suddenly doesn't sound so bad. If you don't like KF then go back to L4D, I wish you would as I get tired of hearing people whine about this game.

Upvote 0
The more I play it, the better I'm liking it.

The player made maps that are circulating at the moment are not to bad. Considering the SDK has only been around for a short while as has the game, the quality is quite good in fact.

There are a few dedicated mappers working away out there, and we can expect some good work and support from the TW team.

A solid player base is forming just as it did for RO.

Even the servers running 25+ player matches are fun, unless like me, you are prone to be the first eaten by a GoreFesT or whatever...

Seeya later.

Upvote 0
How many own KF.Yet don't play any more after 2 weeks?
As was posted above 10000 people a day played KF in its first 3 days.So we have lost 6000 a day in 2 weeks.
Good going there guys.

You've totally missed the point old boy. As long as 6 people are playing on a server you have a game. 10000, 9000, 8000 etc players is irrelevant. The magic number is PI + 2.86 i.e 6

That's all you need folks. 6 like minded individuals.

That said we are enjoying 3 man runs at the mo. There's no chance of making it to the end but that's not the point. Its the entertainment getting as far as we can before the enivitable.

Dont play for perks, dont play for kills, only play for fun and keepin' it real!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How many own KF.Yet don't play any more after 2 weeks?
As was posted above 10000 people a day played KF in its first 3 days.So we have lost 6000 a day in 2 weeks.
Good going there guys.
Believe it or not every game in the history of mankind that didn't have totally failed marketing sees the most players in the first 1-2 days of release then a steady decline from then on except for when new things are released. What do you expect? Things can only remain novel and new for a certain amount of time, and playing essentially the same thing many times isn't for everyone.

Upvote 0