• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some Map Achievements being turned off

I believe that not only those achievements are broken. Two days a go, out of nothing I died like a noob on Abusement park and I got "Dignity of the dead" achievement. At first I thought that someone else got it and it spread to everyone playing on that server, but this is not the case because my girlfriend was playing with me and she got a tottaly different achievement at the exact same time I got mine ... :confused:

Upvote 0
I believe that not only those achievements are broken. Two days a go, out of nothing I died like a noob on Abusement park and I got "Dignity of the dead" achievement. At first I thought that someone else got it and it spread to everyone playing on that server, but this is not the case because my girlfriend was playing with me and she got a tottaly different achievement at the exact same time I got mine ... :confused:

Maybe you threw some 'nades at your feet before dying and the eventual explosion killed some feeding zeds. I actually got that achiev in that way.

Upvote 0
The issue is taking longer to address then we had originally had hoped. I will post more information when I know more.

Long story short, there was some major code changes that resulted in this issue and we are working out how best to address it.

HI,

it is pretty frustrating to play some maps on suicidal or hoe or hard and get no achievements evening for evening for evening. The events to the holidays are always nice but at least they crash pretty much.... some achievements here some servers there :( .... Is there no way for you to unlock the achievements ppl do by manually?
Do you know actually a date when this will be fixed finally?

Greetz Sazina

Upvote 0
HI,

it is pretty frustrating to play some maps on suicidal or hoe or hard and get no achievements evening for evening for evening. The events to the holidays are always nice but at least they crash pretty much.... some achievements here some servers there :( .... Is there no way for you to unlock the achievements ppl do by manually?
Do you know actually a date when this will be fixed finally?

Greetz Sazina
1.) If they knew a date, they'll tell you like he said.
2.) Stop whining over an achievement lol.
3.) Let them do their job and stop filling this thread with junk of the same thing.

That is to everyone, not you directly.

Upvote 0
Hi again,

I think we all payed the full price for a full game.... but right now it feels like a beta version.... when Tripwire make this events for the holidays and something broke, ok.... it`s is something like a emergency case then.... but a emergency case includes that is past in a short time... our emergency here slowly becomes normal status....

When tripwire tell us they work hard on it to find the problem....? How we have to imagine this? 3/3 ppl work on it? or 3/60 ppl work on it?
Hell this bug is for almost 2 months now....

For example when your boss tells you to do this and this and you get extra money for this..... you do it and in the end he tells you: ahh thanks but you get nox extra money for this.... you still stand relaxed? for us the achievements are important....

So maybe it`s possible to clean this bug fast.... and maybe looking before the next event more carefully if something could get broke.... maybe testing it before release?!?
or maybe they just delete all the achievements.... when the players are unable to get them it`s senceless.

Greetings Sazina

Upvote 0
Im kinda agree with Sazina,

I really respect the Tripwire developers since they always create fun stuff for us, but i dont know why are they taking so much this time (It surprises me because one of my favorite things from KF its that developers put a lot of effort to keep the game replayable and adding a lot of stuff and they usually dont take so much or at least they keep us informed) to fix this issue.

Maybe just one person is tryng to fix it, or this issue demands a bunch of time to fix and they have more priorities, 2 months..too much :(

The only one that i see that is tryng to keep us informed is Yoshiro (Thanks!), but its not a very solid response, maybe the developer that is taking care of this issue should inform us.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro's response tells me that this is not a simple fix like a typo or something. Sounds like they are not even sure how they want to fix it yet. e.g. they can't just revert the change that caused the problem because that would break a bunch of other stuff. To fix it quickly they'd probably have to roll the whole game back to its pre-Xmas-event state which might cause people to lose any event-related achievements. We need to be patient.
(And I'm as anxious as anyone to get it fixed because I only need one map [Farm] to complete my Sui achievements.)

Upvote 0
I had just made the jump from Normal to Hard with my roommate. I will say that I was a little disappointed when I didn't get my achievement for beating Farm, Biotics Lab and West London. I originally thought that the server may have had some greylisted mutators, but realized I was still making perk progress.

I am looking forward to the fix, whenever it happens. At least the map achievements seem to work on hard for basically everything except the core maps, since I earned the Biohazard and Departed achievements in the past two days. In any case, at least I'm making killer progress to Medic level 6!

Upvote 0