• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So hip shooting is effectively pointless now?

With the speed at which you can bring up the iron sights and get a perfect shot it seems that the it's a mere formality now.

Hip shooting is completely pointless.

Hell I've had my gun training on a door and people have popped through and managed to get their sites up and shoot just as I shoot, way way too fast.

:mad:

Ehhhh nope, there is no way im using ironsights in close combat. I got raped multiple times today for doing that. Hip shooting is the way to go in close combat.

Upvote 0
With the speed at which you can bring up the iron sights and get a perfect shot it seems that the it's a mere formality now.

Hip shooting is completely pointless.

Hell I've had my gun training on a door and people have popped through and managed to get their sites up and shoot just as I shoot, way way too fast.

:mad:

Iron-sights indoors are suicide. You move much slower and you lose a lot of your peripheral vision.

Upvote 0
Iron-sights indoors are suicide. You move much slower and you lose a lot of your peripheral vision.

I've had decent luck "Slicing" doors with iron sights. I've killed a fair number of guys in room because I had my sights up, and they tried to shoot from the hip. They missed, I didn't.

Shooting from the hip has its place, but ideally should be avoided and only used when you are surprised/out of place.

Upvote 0
SMG is great for hip shots close range but for bolt rifles good luck~
Imo more bullets! Better chance to land one!

Then again realism trying to hit a target with a bolt from the hip is almost unreal..

Mostly luck this one~

I was playing Apartments last night as a Russian and in the buildings past the bridge after we capped them, there was several team mates going up the stairs and a german ran past me and after then.... he mowed 3 of them down and I chased after him..... I didn't have much time to IS him with my Bolt, so I took three shots from the hip in his direction, eventually the third shot hit him in his hip, then he hit me twice in the arm and leg and then the rest of the team mowed him down while I bandaged up and moved on. I imagine he would have bled out and died from my original hit though

So you can hip shoot a bolt and hit something.... I just wouldn't rely on it.

Upvote 0
Tired of explaining this.

Quickscoping comes from the aim-assist in CoD. It automatically snaps to their face or chest when you pull up the ironsights, so kills require no skill, only reflexes.

You can't quickscope in RO because there is no aim assist. If you can pull off an IS shot from that close of a range, it's skill, not the computer snapping your crosshairs onto the enemy.

Upvote 0